Millwright Specialist - Late 2nd Shift
Location: Commerce, California US
Job Number: 25674
Millwright Specialist - Late 2nd Shift
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Monogram Aerospace Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is the leading designer,
developer and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners
used in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly.
Monogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to
leading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving
unique problems for our customers.
Installs, assembles or diagnoses and repairs most of the machinery and equipment in use by the Company. May set-up and operate machine tolls necessary for the purpose of making or repairing parts required by dysfunctional machines or equipment or for new installations.
Description of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessitated by Company production requirements.
3. Measures, marks and scribes metal stock for machining.
4 . Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, grinder, etc. to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
5 . Diagnoses problems and makes or repairs components to complete machine or equipment installation or repair needs.
6. Installs and I or repairs parts and materials such as sheet metal covering, hydraulic systems, electrical wiring, lubricants and batteries into machines and mechanisms.
7. Tests machines or equipment under simulated operating conditions for such purposes as standardization and feasibility of operation and diagnosis of problems. Evaluates procedures and recommends changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
8 . Must have knowledge and ability to design and fabricate necessary tooling configuration to make or repair required devices. Must have knowledge of best materials and grade for best tooling life, cost of tooling and production requirements.
9. Must have knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic principles.
1 0. Must be able to qualify for a forklift license and operate a forklift.
11. Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of the department. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verb a l communications. Assists other department members as required.
EDUCATION I TRAINING
Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in company shop documents and computer software entry and processing requirements as well as technical manuals. Must be capable of applying mathematical operations using fractions, decimals, algebra, trigonometry and geometry as required by essential job duties. Generally equivalent to journeyman trade school graduate or equivalent.
Requires 6 years of journeyman level work or equivalent skills and knowledge expertise as a millwright for the purpose of installing or repairing most types of machines and equipment which are necessary to fulfill job requirements. Must read precision measuring instruments such as various gauges, electrical meters, calipers and micrometers as well as machine schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints and other documentation similar or comparable to those used by the Company.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Commerce, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Millwright Specialist - Late 2nd Shift
Requisition Number: 1717
EEO Employer Verbiage: