Location: Rohnert Park, California US
Job Number: 25238
Primary Location: 1200 Valley House Drive, Suite 100, Rohnert Park, CA 94928 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Serving a huge range of markets - from pharmaceutical and personal care to paints, solvents, oils and lubricants, Rieke Packaging Systems supplies both boutique manufacturers and the worldâ€™s top brands with drum closures, pump dispensers and custom packaging solutions. The Tooling Technician builds and maintains all mold tooling in accordance with best practices and production schedules. The Technician communicates effectively with Sr. Process Tech, Scheduling and shift supervisors in order to facilitate maximum mold availability and efficiency/cavitation.
Responsibilities of the Tooling Technician:
- Mold assembly and maintenance
- Follow best practices for mold assembly and maintenance while working closely with the Sr. Process Technician
- Maintain inventory of necessary tooling and ensure all tools and molds are in top working order. Implement controls to support this goal.
- Communicate effectively with key personnel to ensure that tools are ready when needed to meet production schedules
- Champion process improvement by analyzing equipment maintenance history, identifying significant causes of waste, coordinating with appropriate employees to develop root-cause solutions, and providing maintenance assistance as necessary.
- Support Sr. Process Technician and mold operators when needed
- Mold installation, plate change & or maintenance as needed
- Upkeep on shop cleaning, organizing and including but not limited to floor sweeping
- Work with lead technicians to perform various tasks to keep the plant running
- Work with engineering for technical help and direction on tooling builds
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of the Tooling Technician:
Preferred Qualifications of the Tooling Technician:
Rieke Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
City: Rohnert Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rohnert Park, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Tooling Technician
Requisition Number: 1683
EEO Employer Verbiage: