Location: Commerce, California US
Job Number: 25017
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Material Control / Logistics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Monogram Aerospace Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is the leading designer, developer and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners used in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly. Monogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to leading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving unique problems for our customers.
Performs tasks and duties associated with product manufacturing planning, including producing schedules, materials list, and production plans.
- Analyzes production specifications to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and personnel requirements for the product line.
- Use capacity and material planning tools to determine future production constraints and develop appropriate recommendations such as overtime, capacity expansion, outsourcing or expediting.
- Monitors, analyzes and maintains key planning parameters including lead times and safety stocks.
- Profiles inventory including the identification of excess and obsolete inventory and aged WIP and creates action plan to address problem areas.
- Prioritize material handling from receipt to shipment based on schedule requirements and department workload
- Process changes, reschedules and outside processing that are required to accomplish the production schedule goals
- Ensure adherence to schedule control processes, policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems and conflicts.
- Determine time requirements for specific jobs and translates the production plan into specific time schedule
- Review MRP order action messages, maintain schedule and visibility, identify and resolve issues that impact production and shipment
- Ensures material flow and production activity are aligned
- Prepares work orders
- Recommends schedule changes resulting from material or labor shortages, design changes, or backlogs when necessary
Experience and Education:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Business Management or equivalent work experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in Aerospace environment
- Requires a minimum of 3 years MRP/ERP system experience
- Must have experience with multi-level Bill of Materials (BOM)
- APICS or CPIM Certification highly preferred
- Advance in Excel-Pivot Tables, Formulas & Macros
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter
- Provides leadership and is the back-up for co-workers in department
- Aerospace industry and fastener experience preferred
- Organizational, analytical, verbal and writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Understanding of MRP System
- Planning skills
- Leadership skills
Monogram is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Commerce, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Planner II
Requisition Number: 1661
EEO Employer Verbiage: