HR Production Assistant
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 25013
HR Production Assistant
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Payroll support for the Operations team. Provides support in functional areas including time and attendance, call-out procedures, employee relations write ups and keeping records of training. Assist HR with New Hire Orientation and other processes as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that uncovered employee needs and problems are properly communicated.
- Is highly visible and is the employee's first point of contact for Payroll related queries and concerns
- Handle, track, upload, report on, and maintain disciplinary documents.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management. Under the direction of the HR Director, may guide managers and employees on problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance.
- Assist management with performance concerns, disciplinary action and conflict management issues.
- Perform orientations and coordinate the onboarding of new hourly and temp staff and other training sessions
- Ensures timecards are ready for Payroll processing.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting, analyzing information and partnering with Payroll Manager.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed punches.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provides HR support for audits. Follows up with supervisors on open action items and closes in a timely manner.
- Assist with companywide communications to staff.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Enter call-out hours provide into the ADP system for both Inside Sales and Production departments
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Conflict resolution, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with customers, both internal and external
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Maintain flexibility in performing other related task or functions as required or assigned
- Outstanding tact and diplomacy demonstrated through communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years of administrative work in Human Resources
- Prior experience with HRI systems (ADP Enterprise preferred)
- ADP knowledge preferred, but not required
- Ability to maintain composure during periods of high stress.
- Regular attendance is necessary.
- Ability to sit most of the day and handle multiple things at once.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: HR Production Assistant
Requisition Number: 1665
EEO Employer Verbiage: