Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 25000
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 4818 W. Loop 281, Longview, TX 75603 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
JOB PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to plan, direct, train and supervise maintenance employees in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards, and to achieve established and sustain equipment reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all Safety Requirement, insure all maintenance employees receive proper training and hard held accountable for following Safety Policies.
- Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with ISO policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group settings which provides a positive work environment with co-workers.
- Assures that all work assigned to position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to meet repair standards set by maintenance manager on specific assignments within a reasonable time.
- Reviews status of service work orders and maintenance schedules to insure that schedules are being met, and if necessary, assigns or adjusts schedules and/or personnel to balance and expedite work through shop areas.
- Assures that the desired repair quality is achieved through proper technical training, use of proper tools, materials and overall job responsibilities.
- Recommends methods and procedures to control and improve repair quality, uptime, MTBF, and wrench time.
- Will make recommendations related to quality, efficiency, machine utilization, scrap, budget status, cost savings etc.
- Takes corrective action when necessary to improve the overall performance of his/her area(s).
- Confers with appropriate personnel on problems or situations that develop regarding safety, quality, efficiency, machine utilization, scheduling, housekeeping, manpower, etc.
- Recommends the selection and termination of personnel in their assigned area.
- Will coordinate production activities with other functional areas to assure that the needs and problems of manufacturing are communicated and addressed.
- Consistently administers company policies and practices regarding attendance, performance, etc.
- Communicates with employees from all shifts on a regular basis.
- Will be expected to participate in activities such as training, pass down meetings, and planning of maintenance work loads.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Some of the basic requirements for the Maintenance Supervisor job include, but are not limited to:
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested for successful completion of the mission of Norris Cylinder.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
Must possess an education or experience level that permits the employee to effectively communicate and perform duties, assignments and responsibilities of the job. This should include a minimum of 10 years mechanical and 10 years of Electrical experience. This position will require a high level of multi-craft capabilities
- Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the documents relating to the job, function or assignment.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to make decisions when identifying in-process problems. Ability to deal with a variety of job assignments.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
- Accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- Adherence to the Quality Policy and ISO Procedural Requirements.
- Ability to maintain clean work areas and follow good housekeeping practices.
- Ability to follow work rules, work independently, be flexible and be willing to perform a variety of jobs.
- Ability to use machinery/equipment required to accomplish a given job assignment.
- Ability to work effectively, courteously and respectively with co- workers and other personnel.
Education and Work Experience
- Background in manufacturing technology and line operating experience. General business and communication skills typically gained through completion of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent program, college coursework preferred. Practical work experience in supervision, quality and product reliability. Must have interpersonal skills necessary to foster cooperation and to effectively communicate with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not normally exposed to weather conditions. However, the production areas are often hot and noisy. The noise level in the work environment is high and ear protection is required .
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition Number: 1657
EEO Employer Verbiage: