Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 24592
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 4818 W. Loop 281, Longview, TX 75603 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Job Summary : The purpose of this position is to plan, direct, and assist production activities and employees in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards to achieve established production schedules, desired quality levels in a safe and motivational climate.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned: Recommends methods and procedures to control and improve product quality.
- Ability to mentor new employees in proper safety and operating procedures.
- Reviews general status of production schedules to insure that schedules are being met, and if necessary, assigns or adjusts schedules and/or personnel to balance and expedite work through production areas.
- Make recommendations related to safety, quality, efficiency, machine utilization, scrap, budget status, etc.
- Takes corrective action when necessary to improve the overall performance of his/her production areas.
- Confers with appropriate personnel on problems or situations that develop regarding quality, efficiency, machine utilization, order scheduling, safety, housekeeping, manpower, etc.
- Will coordinate production activities with other functional areas to assure that the needs and problems of manufacturing are communicated and addressed.
- Consistently administers company policies and practices regarding attendance, performance, etc.
- Communicates with employees on a regular basis.
- Expected to participate in activities such as training and safety programs in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work area(s) involved.
- Performs such individual assignments as the Superintendent or Senior Lead may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the departments, and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
Education and Work Experience : 3 years or more experience in manufacturing technology and line operating experience. General business and communication skills typically gained through completion of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent program. Must have interpersonal skills necessary to foster cooperation and to effectively communicate with others. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Physical Requirements : This position requires the mental ability to read and comprehend policies, procedures, instructions, etc., to write reports, to use logic and data to solve problems, to assess needs, to communicate effectively, and varying degrees of independence, judgment, and discretion. This position requires the physical ability to be mobile in an office and industrial environment, to finger and grasp materials, to speak effectively, and to listen with intent.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: HP- Lead
Requisition Number: 1593
EEO Employer Verbiage: