Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24469
Quality Assurance Specialist
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality Assurance Specialist will help develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with quality programs, policies, processes, procedures. The Quality Assurance Specialist will provide expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, to assure compliance. The individual will interact regularly with engineering, manufacturing and service functions to establish quality standards for raw material, work in process and finished products. In addition, under the supervision of the General Manager, the individual will perform the daily quality inspections, process control analysis, and audits on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet specifications.
Exhibits proficiency in reading tape measure, calipers and micrometers; operating XRF material analyzer, material traceability tracking/auditing, and interpreting detailed gasket blueprints. Exhibits vast knowledge of gasket styles and material types. Displays complete understanding of Quality Assurance Manual. Interfaces with all departments to convey quality goals. Identifies and resolves quality problems.
Will alos cross-train in the Data Clerk position to assist with BOMs and Inventory as needed. May perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and/or General Manager.
- Performs and documents daily quality inspections including raw materials, WIP, and finished goods.
- Inspects gaskets for conformity to customersâ€™ requests and to assure gaskets have been manufactured in accordance with established procedures and specifications.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Assurance Process at this location
- Responsible for performing PMI testing upon receipt of material to verify correct material grade.
- Responsible for ensuring MTRâ€™s in the system meets Lamons Material Specifications.
- Performing Shipping & Finish Goods QA audits.
- Responsible for presenting quality data during daily production meetings.
- Developing dimensional inspection reports.
- Responsible for equipment calibrations.
- Operates a variety of measuring, analysis and testing equipment.
- Responsible for evaluating incoming RMA returns relative to verifying packing slip, material quantity, material type, and identify bottlenecks in the system.
- Identifies and resolves any problems with material and/or production quality, as delegated by the Operatoins or General Manager.
- Uses word processing, spreadsheets, or other common software packages to generate data and reports for customers
- Improves the QMS by implementing formally documented procedures.
- Performs and documents internal quality audits as scheduled.
- Supports customer and 3 rd party audits.
- Responsible for updating Quality Control Metric Charts.
- Lead continuous improvement and quality assurance projects.
- Conduct root cause analysis, establish, and implement solutions for correcting quality issues.
- Creates corrective actions, distributes & follows up on timely and effective closure.
- Has a general working knowledge of QMS systems in general
- Has successfully completed or planning to complete an Internal Auditor Training course that meets requirements of Lamonsâ€™s QMS.
- Knowledge with Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and understand directions, blue prints, procedures, specification sheets, graphs, scales and check lists.
- Has 1 to 3 years experience in ISO 9001 and API Q1 9 th Edition quality systems.
- Microsoft Windows and its applications.
- Since this is a hands-on position, incumbent must be able to lift, bend, stoop and climb; capable of lifting up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis; cannot be color blind;
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Requisition Number: 1554
EEO Employer Verbiage: