Sr. Financial Analyst
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 24364
Sr. Financial Analyst
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 4818 W. Loop 281, Longview, TX 75603 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Job Summary: Provides monthly recap of the actual manufacturing expenses with average cost per cylinder. Reconciles inventories (cycle or physical count). Monitors inventory, oversees plant manufacturing costs and acts as plant compliance agent to safeguard assets and maintain compliance with policies and procedures, including SOX. Leads forecasting/ budget efforts. Assists on special accounting projects. Assists other departments and notifies the DFO or Controller of the result thereof.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
â€¢ Synthesize and publish manufacturing cost analysis of manufacturing variances for departmental corrective actions
â€¢ Prepare and analyze operational data received to be used in financial reporting
â€¢ Review and revise as required financial reporting per direction of the DFO or Controller
- Develop & maintain annual standard cost
- Update standard cost in Syteline ERP & other MSOffice based analytical tools.
- Raw materials & other components (Syteline ERP /Excel/Access).
- Direct labor rate & manufacturing overhead rates per hour (Syteline ERP /Excel).
- Product full cost by model, broken down by material, direct labor & manufacturing overhead.
- Derive standard cost on new products and provide guidance on product profitability
Forecasting and Analysis
- Perform manufacturing plant financial forecasting and cost accounting analytics
- Analyzes inventory, FIFO activity as well as production variances
- Prepare timely and accurate reporting for governmental, regulatory agencies and internal reporting as directed
- Spearhead analytics / KPIs for profit improvement. Design and publish interpretative analytical reports to management with recommendations for action.
- Review all capital expenditure requests to insure compliance with company policy and perform required financial analysis
- Understand the continuous improvement philosophy (LEAN/Six Sigma) and support and/or participate in continuous improvement team activities.
Education and Work Experience: Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA or CMA desirable. Must have at least 3 or more yearsâ€™ experience in accounting, 2 years manufacturing cost preferred. Exceptional communication skills. Proficient knowledge of ERP costing and Excel, problem solving and analytical skills required.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the mental ability to read and comprehend policies, procedures, instructions, etc., to write reports, to use logic and data to solve problems, to assess needs, to communicate effectively, and varying degrees of independence, judgment, and discretion. This position requires the physical ability to be mobile in an office and industrial environment, to finger and grasp materials, to speak effectively, and to listen with intent.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
Requisition Number: 1565
EEO Employer Verbiage: