Director of Sales, HBHC
Location: Auburn, Indiana US
Job Number: 24338
Director of Sales, HBHC
Primary Location: 500 W 7th Street, Auburn, IN 46706 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving Riekeâ€™s sales goals
- Manage the use of budgets. Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projects expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting to their Senior Leadership team
- Maintains regional sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and coaching employees.
- Implements regional sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintains regional sales staff job results by counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Defines optimal sales force structure and hire and develop sales staff
- Defines and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Defines sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Puts in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Compiles information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Manages global customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Assigns and manages members of a major customer pursuit team when required.
- Travels for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Related field. MBA highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Management
- Experience in packaging sales is desirable. Beneficial if experience is in closures, pumps, dispensing systems. Household and personal care also a bonus.
- Proven success, knowledge and experience of leading value based sales teams.
- Pipeline management, and forecasting skills including sales planning and territory management are a must.
- Home Office based role with 60% travel required (mostly domestic with occasional international)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auburn, Indiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Sales, HBHC
Requisition Number: 1562
EEO Employer Verbiage: