Crater Packer- Mid Shift
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 24303
Crater Packer- Mid Shift
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Product / Distribution Support
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Crater/Packer position is responsible for packaging primarily the larger orders and getting them ready for shipment.
- Measures gaskets with tape measure to determine appropriate size of crate or cardboard box needed.
- Places orders in appropriate size box, with proper quantity of packing material to assure normal handling will not damage contents.Seals box with reinforced tape.
- May use scales to weigh boxes or crates to calculate shipping rates.
- May operate power table saw to produce wooden pallets or crates for large gasket orders.
- May operate compressed air-powered nail gun to assemble wooden pallets or crates.
- Places large (by weight) orders in crates.
- Affixes â€Shipping Detailâ€ to box/crate with paper clip.
- Places boxed gasket orders in proper holding location, depending on shipping method requested by customer.
- May operate tow motor to transport wooden crates to proper holding location.
- Maintains a clean workstation.
- Operates forklift
- Responsible for making sure order matches contents in shipment and that the material is packages according to instructions.
- Must have clear understanding and practice all safety rules and regulations.
- Must have clear understanding of Quality Policy and Quality System Programs.
- Reads and understands English sufficiently to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Speaks and writes English sufficiently to communicate in a clear, understandable manner.
- Basic math skills.
- Attention to detail.
- No educational requirements.
- Forklift experience required.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Continuous standing and/or walking.
- Moderate physical effort- working frequently with average weights of ten to fifty pounds or continuously with lighter weights.
- Good eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Ability to work in cold, hot and/or dusty environment, with noisy conditions.
- Occasional work outside in the elements.
- Must be able to become forklift certified.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds independently.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Crater Packer- Mid Shift
Requisition Number: 1551
EEO Employer Verbiage: