Location: Commerce, California US
Job Number: 24274
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Intern
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Monogram Aerospace Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is the leading designer, developer and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners used in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly. Monogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to leading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving unique problems for our customers.
The Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about ERP system.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
2. Prepares daily financial flash and operations dashboard, analyzing sales, gross margins, productivity, work order variances, scrap and key spending categories.
3. Performs cost rolls and production cost quote calculations to help secure new business. Assists Controller in determining labor, material and overhead rates for inventory revaluation and maintains standard rates in the ERP system.
4. Participates in month-end close, preparing entries and performing reconciliations for inventory, fixed and intangible assets. Reconciles sub-ledger data to the general ledger and assists Controller with establishing inventory reserves.
5. Provides technical support regarding job cost variances, comparing actual costs to standards for labor, material and overhead cost categories.
6. Assist with cycle count/physical inventory programs identifying discrepancies and reporting differences between the book value the physical counts.
7. Identifies Fixed Assets through accounts payables transactions and ensures that they have been properly approved and assigned to an asset/project number.
8. Reviews the quarterly impairment test of assets with management and Controller and adjusts fixed asset system accordingly.
9. Performs additional duties assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Required Education and Experience
1. Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelorâ€™s.
2. Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
3. Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Commerce, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Intern
Requisition Number: 1553
EEO Employer Verbiage: