Location: Commerce, California US
Job Number: 23888
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Monogram Aerospace Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is the leading designer, developer and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners used in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly. Monogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to leading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving unique problems for our customers.
JOB SUMMARY: Washes, cleans and dries production from all product lines. Maintains strength of cleaning solutions and drains and changes company solutions as necessary. Transports parts to and from various locations in the shop. Operates various types of equipment to ensure that processing operations are done as effectively as possible.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervisor and at the direction of the Leadperson performs the following:
1. Identifies material and processes to be performed from job order or other written instructions.
2. Responsible for performing various processing operations such as cleaning, plating, drying, baking, chromate treating and lubricating the product.
3. Maintains fluid levels for plating, lubrication and cleaning baths. Performs basic solution analysis and makes appropriate adjustments to maintain proper solution mix.
4. Operates auxiliary equipment pertaining to plating operations such as forklift, overhead crane, parts washer, tumble barrel, salt cleaner, centrifugal dryer etc.
5. Responsible for daily routine maintenance of equipment.
6. Maintains transport pans and transports parts to and from various locations in the shop. Keeps loading areas clean and safe. Ensures that containers are sturdy and effective.
7. Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of cell operations. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Assists other cell members as required.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in Company shop documents and computer software entry and processing requirements. Must be capable of applying mathematical operations including the use of fractions and decimals to exacting tolerances (Â±.0001) as required by plating procedures. Generally equivalent to 6 th grade level.
Requires 6 months experience or equivalent skills and knowledge in plating aerations and the use of tools and equipment such as forklift, overhead crane, parts washer, tumble barrel, salt cleaner, centrifugal dryer etc. similar or comparable to those used by the Company.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Commerce, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Plater Helper
Requisition Number: 1480
EEO Employer Verbiage: