Centerless Grinder SUO C
Location: Commerce, California US
Job Number: 23390
Centerless Grinder SUO C
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Monogram Aerospace Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is the leading designer, developer and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners used in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly. Monogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to leading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving unique problems for our customers.
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction with supervision and frequent review sets up and operates a centerless grinding machine to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces, angles, contours etc. of various metal workpieces to blueprint specifications and exacting tolerances. Determines sequences of grinding operations, the amount of cut, the dressing of wheel, etc. to perform work assignments. May perform rework of parts produced.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessitated by Company production requirements.
1. Under supervision sets-up and operates various grinders. Mounts grinding wheels, regulating wheels, etc. per requirements of task. Dresses wheels to specifications. Sets specific grinding speeds, feed rates and spacings per task requirements. Selects proper abrasive wheels, holding fixtures, etc. and determines the amount of passes to take to optimize efficiency of equipment/machines. Measures, marks and scribes stock for grinding.
2. Plans sequence of operations. Applies a knowledge of shop theory, Â§ hop practices etc. for grinding operations.
3. Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances to specifications. Uses various precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc. Grinding to exacting tolerances of Â± .0005. May perform 1st article inspection.
4. Reads and interprets documents such as blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions, or works from verbal orders, and visualizes product to determine dimensions, tolerances and final configuration of parts to be ground.
5. Provides necessary counts, processes documentation correctly, and maintains daily production logs using computer software applications or production worksheets. Keeps interim records for subassemblies, material, tooling, rework, etc. while in the cell.
6. Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of the production operations in a cell. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Assists other cell members as required
Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in Company shop documents and computer software entry and processing requirements. Must be capable of applying mathematical operations using fractions, decimals, trigonometry and geometry as required by cell machining operations. Generally equivalent to journeyman trade school graduate or equivalent.
Requires 1-3 years work experience or equivalent skills and knowledge expertise in the set-up and operation of grinding machines, tools and equipment which are similar or comparable to those used by the Company and which are necessary to fulfill job requirements. Must read precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers and engineering diagrams similar or > comparable to those used in grinding operations by the Company. Must be familiar with use of computerized input system of production results.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Commerce, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Centerless Grinder SUO C
Requisition Number: 1441
EEO Employer Verbiage: