Financial Planning Analysis Manager
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 23236
Financial Planning Analysis Manager
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Support the strategic planning process, the annual operating plan process and the monthly forecast process (Review of the Business) for the company by communicating and coordinating with branch managers, Service & Finance support team members and the management team to establish a schedule, collect information, consolidate and analyze that information to create a road map for the management team to run the business and assess its performance. Provide exemplary service to the Human Resource and IT teams helping them to maximize their impact on the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, plan & execute the strategic business planning process.
- Organize, plan & execute the Annual Operating Plan process.
- Organize, plan & execute the monthly forecast process, Review of the Business (ROB).
- Understand, report and help manage Risks and Opportunities in the business as part of the ROB process.
- In conjunction with the Senior Controller create and analyze cash forecasts submitted to Trimas treasury and prepared as part of the various planning processes.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics.
- Provide forecasted branch profitability financials for the various planning cycles.
- Support the monthly and quarterly analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance.
- Create and report weekly & monthly Key Performance Indicators for Lamons.
- Prepare presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings and monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings.
- Review and provide a business and financial assessment of the terms and conditions and potential financial impacts of all Lamons vendor contracts.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Support and analyze financial data and provide business direction for special projects.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Become a key member of the Service & Finance high performing leadership team.
- Effective in managing staff and building positive relationships across the organization
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Conflict resolution & problem-solving skills
- Highly developed sense of integrity and honesty
- Ability to evaluate financial alternatives
- Knowledge of Accounting & Management Information Systems
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA or MBA preferred
- At least 8 years of progressively more responsible financial, accounting or planning experience
- At least 3 years of planning experience
- At least 3 years in a manufacturing environment
- Greater than 3 years public accounting experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Visual acuity to process paperwork
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel periodically domestic and internationally
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Planning Analysis Manager
Requisition Number: 1431
EEO Employer Verbiage: