Location: Auburn, Indiana US
Job Number: 23201
Primary Location: 500 W 7th Street, Auburn, IN 46706 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Technician works under the direction of\r\nthe Quality Manager and provides technical support to the operation through\r\nevaluation and analysis of product and process related quality issues. The\r\nQuality Technician also provides support through assisting with the training\r\nand development of auditors and manufacturing associates as it relates to\r\nquality.
Partial list of job duties:
- Provide plant technical support for respective product\r\nlines as it relates to product quality. (Plastics, Steel, Assembly)
- Assist with containment activities under direction of\r\nQuality Supervisor as it relates to internal and external nonconformance (HFI,\r\nDock Audits, Quarantine Activities and Certified Stock)
- Participate in 8D activities including root cause\r\nanalysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions as assigned.
- Disposition Nonconforming Products.
- Providing measurement and analysis support for special\r\nprojects as assigned such as NPD and Cost Reduction activities.
- Back up support to Quality Auditor Role as assigned.
Partial list of requirements:
- 5 Yearsâ€™ experience as a Quality Inspector in a\r\nmanufacturing environment, preferably with injection molding and assembly\r\nprocesses.
- Must have experience creating Excel\r\nspreadsheets with formulas and memos and procedures in Word. Experience with PowerPoint presentations is a\r\nplus.
- Experience using hand held measurement devices\r\n(micrometers, calipers, etc.)
- Mechanical Aptitude â€" able to troubleshoot\r\nequipment/processes for root cause analysis
- Positive Attitude, Professionalism
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Higher Education in Engineering, Management, or\r\nSciences is preferred
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auburn, Indiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Technician
Requisition Number: 1427
EEO Employer Verbiage: