Hot Header SUO B
Location: Commerce, California US
Job Number: 23083
Hot Header SUO B
Company: Monogram Aerospace Fasteners
Primary Location: 3423 S Garfield Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
\r\n\r\n Monogram Aerospace\r\nFasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is the leading designer,
\r\ndeveloper and manufacturer of permanent blind bolts and temporary fasteners
\r\nused in commercial, business and military aircraft construction and assembly.
\r\nMonogram, as a recognized leader in blind bolt technology, remains committed to
\r\nleading the industry in the manufacturing of innovative fasteners and solving
\r\nunique problems for our customers. \r\n\r\n
JOB SUMMARY: Under supervision, sets up and operates a Hot header machine in use by the Company to perform operations such as forming, shaping, cutting, piercing etc. on various sizes and types of metal wire, bar stock etc. to required close tolerances per blueprint or other specifications. Operates other machine tools as necessary to produce tooling required for heading set-up and operation. Troubleshoots or reworks problems with headed work, tooling, etc. and makes repairs and takes corrective action.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general direction with periodic supervision or review performs the following:
1. Sets-up and operates a Hot Header machine making required adjustments to diameters, grip lengths, depths, etc. to tolerances of Â± .0007. Uses various support tools and equipment such as wrenches, pliers, calipers, micrometers etc. to set-up, maintain and repair machine.
2. Loads wire or bar stock, positions and secures to holding device. Verifies feed position. Selects machine speed, tooling, heating temperature and element position and other variable tasks and items required based upon most efficient methods to maintain tolerances for material and tooling required. Adapts tooling and other equipment as required.
3. Operates a Hot Header and Trimmer machines as required for the completion of the various operations necessary on the workpieces being formed. Maintains visual check of work in progress to assure proper functioning of equipment. Performs troubleshooting and rework of problems with work performed.
4. Provides necessary counts, processes documentation correctly, and maintains daily production logs using computer software applications or production worksheets. Keeps interim records for subassemblies, material, tooling, rework, etc. while in the cell.
5. Reads and interprets blueprints or other documentation to visualize machining required and plans sequence of operations. Checks initial parts such as 1st article. Applies SPC principles and practices to production runs.
6. Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of the production operations in a cell. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Assists other cell members as required
Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in Company shop documents and computer software entry and processing requirements. Must be capable of applying mathematical operations using fractions, decimals, trigonometry and geometry as required by cell machining operations. Generally equivalent to high school graduate with some trade school courses in heading.
Requires 1-3 yearsâ€™ work experience or equivalent skills and knowledge expertise in the set-up and operation of various Hot Header machines, trimmers, tools and equipment which are similar or comparable to those used by the Company and which are necessary to fulfill job requirements. Must have demonstrated the capability to set-up and operate the Header machines required in the cell. Must have held linear and diameter tolerances to Â± .0007, T.I.R. to Â± .001 for threading, etc. Must read precision measuring instruments such as various gauges, calipers and micrometers as well as engineering diagrams similar or comparable to those used in machine tooling operations by the Company.
Monogram is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Commerce, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Hot Header SUO B
Requisition Number: 1410
EEO Employer Verbiage: