Hose Product Specialist
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 22698
Hose Product Specialist
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Manages the interface of our Company and our Customer base to provide immediate information on available products, recommendations and services. Seeks, takes and processes orders for the sale of products and services to existing and potential customers. Maintains customer account information, product specification and pricing information. Resolves customer conflict by listening to and documenting customer complaints, involving other employees and the customer service departments if needed, and seeing that the customer receives an answer. Coordinates selling activities and provides support services to the field Sales team to meet sales volume goals and objectives. Responsible for directing material purchases, pricing quotations, and sales of hose products. Helps to develop, maintain and adhere to Company Approved Vendor List for approved suppliers list for hose products. Helps to maintain accurate inventory levels in alignment with customer demand, Company AVL and industry standards. Responsible for maintaining and building relationships with existing and potential hose customers. Represents Company to promote image of Company as a good place to work; responsible compliance of all Company policies and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with existing and potential customers to proactively and reactively sell Lamons products and services through consultative selling.
- Responsible for directing material purchases, pricing quotations, and sales of hose products.
- Participates in major account planning process with Outside Sales group.
- Creates and maintains accurate customer database records by entering relative information from customer calls, results and order information.
- Develops long-term repeat customer relationships.
- Develops long-term relationships with vendors.
- Quotes established pricing via email or Syteline ERP quoting application. Pro-actively follows-up on all quotes.
- Develops and maintains current product knowledge. Keeps informed of market, new products or services, applications, regulations, technical information, competition, warranties and product reliability and other general information of interest to the customer.
- Responsible for communicating to our Customers an understanding of Product Standardization, Product Offerings, Lead Times and Credit Approval Procedures.
- Initiates order process through computer, in a timely fashion. Follows-up on as many orders as possible to determine customer satisfaction. Keeps track of follow-up calls and share results with Manager.
- Provides product and delivery information to customers by obtaining necessary information from Shipping, Manufacturing, Engineering or Sales Support employees.
- Initiates resolution of any problems or complaints from customers. Documents complaints and obtains assistance when necessary from departments or employees to help resolve the situation. Responds to customer request concerning product quality, delivery service, and product information with an emphasis on resolving customerâ€™s issues. Involves Manager when necessary.
- Uses telephone, word processing and related office equipment in fulfilling daily requirements.
- Offers and obtains assistance from peers or Supervisor when needed. Maintains flexibility in performing other related task or functions as required or assigned.
- On occasion, travel may be required for trade shows staffing, training sessions, Sales meetings or customer visits.
- Keeps Outside Sales group updated as quickly as possible on important activities with Customers they manage.
- Knowledge of hose product styles, materials, vendors, cost/pricing and manufacturing processes/capabilities.
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards and norms related to hose products.
- Selling techniques which include the ability to negotiate, motivate, persuade and make informed recommendations.
- Conflict Resolution & Problem-Solving Skills.
- Knowledge of Computerized Information Systems & hardware including ERP systems, Windows OS & Microsoft Office programs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) yearsâ€™ experience in the supply of hose products to industrial sector.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to listen intently to hear with understanding.
- Cannot be colorblind.
- Visual acuity to process information.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Hose Product Specialist
Requisition Number: 1362
EEO Employer Verbiage: