Location: Westlake, Louisiana US
Job Number: 22291
Primary Location: 109 Dennis Rd, Westlake, LA 70669 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Maintains current and develops new business in assigned account base by developing relationships with key buying decision makers and keeping them informed on pricing, product application, problem resolution, services provided and general business issues. Responsible for managing account base to produce growth in keeping with the overall growth strategy of the company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements individual Sales Plans and Programs that support the Companyâ€™s growth strategy.
- Provides information to management on weekly activity log and itinerary, for forecasting targeted business, changes to annual forecast, how we can convert particular business, what we donâ€™t have, etc.
- Develops formal sales strategy for each â€targetedâ€™ account.
- Reviews sales performance each month and reports findings to Supervisor. Assesses performance against plan and takes corrective action as needed to improve performance.
- Responsible for communicating to our Customers an understanding of Product Standardization, Product Offerings, Lead Times and Credit Approval Procedures.
- Makes routine sales calls on accounts to position the Company as a leading-edge organization in Customer Satisfaction; meets with each account at least once each six-week period and reports the content of all contacts to Supervisor, including business issues and competitive activity.
- Participates in the development of individual performance plans.
- Calls on past due accounts to improve cash flow.
- Adheres to Travel & Entertainment Policy and budget requirements.
- Ensures Customer follow-up for all Corrective Action problems, issues and concerns; follows up with Customers who have a complaint in the system once a week; travels to Customerâ€™s location(s) as necessary to investigate quality problems.
- Is active participant in all Corrective Action Meetings to stay abreast of Customer, Manufacturing & Supplier issues.
- Develops strategy to be the single-source Supplier of all gasket/bolt materials for
- Customers and administers program to attain Companyâ€™s strategic position.
- Participates in Sales & Marketing meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Implements the strategy for Production Standardization to minimize inventories and achieve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Maintains Customer, contact, usage and competitive information.
- Supplies Supervisor with information to prepare quarterly business review reports for key accounts.
- Works with Manufacturing Management, Quality Management and Inside Sales/Customer Service Representatives to review Customer specifications for improvements; follows up with Customers to implement changes.
- Provides market information back to Supervisor as to the Companyâ€™s competitive position, new trends, pricing, new Customer needs and value-added services.
- Provides on-site dimension measurements to customers when needed.
Knowledge of gasket and/or fastener industry, ISO requirements for gasket industry;
â€¢ Selling techniques which include the ability to negotiate, motivate, persuade and the ability to perform effective presentations;
â€¢ Conflict Resolution & Problem-Solving Skills;
â€¢ Knowledge of Computerized Information Systems, including software and hardware.
â€¢ High School Diploma or equivalent
â€¢ Some college level work or graduate program
â€¢ Formal Sales training program
â€¢ Minimum of three (3) yearsâ€™ experience preferred as an Outside Sales Representative in an industrial sale or chemical/petro-chemical industry.
â€¢ Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and make presentations in front of small, as well as large groups where there is intense pressure to persuade the audience.
â€¢ Ability to listen intently to hear with understanding.
â€¢ Cannot be colorblind.
â€¢ Visual acuity to process information.
â€¢ Able to travel long distances in automobile or airplane.
â€¢ Able to climb and work on customer job-site for technical support
Location_formattedLocationLong: Westlake, Louisiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Account Manager
Requisition Number: 1323
EEO Employer Verbiage: