General Production Worker
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 22285
General Production Worker
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 521 Green Cove Road SE, Huntsville, AL 35803 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
About Norris Cylinder Company
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain material to be moved and/or operations to be performed.
- Performs various operations by hand, and using electrical or pneumatic hand tools.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, racks, conveyors and shelves by hand, and using electrical or pneumatic hand tools.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated areas.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Makes simple adjustments or repairs such as realigning belts or replacing rollers.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not normally exposed to weather conditions. However the production areas are often hot and noisy. The noise level in the work environment is high and ear protection is required.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US
Community / Marketing Title: General Production Worker
Requisition Number: 1321
EEO Employer Verbiage: