Location: Stanton, California US
Job Number: 19770
Company: Martinic Engineering
Primary Location: 10932 Chestnut Ave Stanton, CA 90680-USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Performs first article, in-process and\or final inspections. Ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped. Ensures that all products have passed all inspection, test requirements, and that appropriate records are maintained. Ensure that any product that fails any portion of the detailed inspection plan or test requirements are communicated, tagged, and appropriate records are maintained. Reports findings to Quality Manager and works with appropriate functional areas to resolve discrepancies. Prepares FAIR\DIP (First Article Inspection Report\Detailed Inspection Plan) and bubbles blue print.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calibrate in-house equipment and\or schedule for the calibrated equipment to be outsource.
- Maintains calibration equipment list, records of calibration results, and reports discrepancies to
- Sets up and tries out inspection equipment to ensure accuracy.
- Performs first article, in-process.
- Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
- Calculate blueprint dimensions.
- Compares surface finish of work piece to finish on set of standard blocks making fingertip touch comparison to ensure production of specified surface finish.
- Measures dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and snap gauge, to ensure product meets specifications.
- Locates reference point on part and measures dimension such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instrument.
- Performs final inspections.
- Ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped.
- Ensures that all products have passed all inspection, test requirements, and that appropriate records are maintained.
- Ensure that any product that fails any portion of the detailed inspection plan or test requirements are communicated, tagged, and appropriate records are maintained.
- Reports findings to Quality Manager and works with appropriate functional areas to resolve discrepancies.
- Verifies job packet required paperwork (certs are valid and correct, correct blue print, any specs required and are present and correct, etc.)
- Verifies Quantity, Customer Part Number and Revision to the PO, MOT and Blue Print
- Responsible for visually inspecting parts for FOD and other handling abuse.
- Prepares FAIR\DIP (First Article Inspection Report\Detailed Inspection Plan) and bubbles blue print.
- (May) Substitutes known values, such as dimensions from blueprints into standard formulas and
- solves for unknown quantities using knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, or geometry to determine
- dimensions not specified in blueprints.
- (May) Tests hardness of work piece surface, using hardness testing machine.
- Decisions concerning the quality policies, procedures, internal audits, and corrective action and assure they are being adhered to and are in compliance with Martinic Engineering Mfg., Inc. policies and ISO\AS standards.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Capability to calculate blueprint dimensions.
- Knowledge on reading manufacturing blue prints.
- Knowledge and capability to interrupt specifications.
- Familiar with outside processing such as plating, heat treat, anodize, etc.,
- Detail orientated and self motivated
- Ability to make independent and impartial decisions
- Capacity to work in a multi-task environment with minimal supervision
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation as required for reading MOT, blue prints, machine dial gauges, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
- Between 7 and 15 years on-the-job experience in a machine shop environment.
- The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- Must be able to program a Zeiss CMM using Caylipso Software
- Casting, Layout Inspection and DISCUS experience
- Familiarization with AS9102 and FAIR requirements
- Knowledge of Detail Inspection Plans, PPAP's and SPC
- Utilization of Inspection Gages, Dial bores, Calipers and Depth mics
- The employee is required to – stand, walk, push, pull, reach
- Overhead, and bend to the floor. – exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and\or exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and\or – exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Working Conditions: the employee is subject to: - high noise levels from operating
- Machines - physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts – breathing fumes, dust and mist - skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stanton, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Inspector
Requisition Number: 916&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: