Job Number: 16847
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 521 Green Cove Road SE, Huntsville, AL 35803 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Norris Cylinders Company, a TriMas Company, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of high pressure and low pressure acetylene cylinders. From its inception, the principle objective of the company has been to manufacture the highest-quality products used for the shipping and dispensing of compressed gases, while exceeding customer expectations in value and service. This remains our commitment. The Quality Manager will d evelop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced composite materials and applications (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals).
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager:
- Ensure a high level of external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectations of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria through procedures and work instructions.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes, including the Cost of Quality (COQ).
- Support the material purchasing group by interacting with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Support environmental functions and processes throughout the manufacturing process.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs for all Norris personnel with focus on individual procedures and work instructions utilizing Norris "U" concept.
Required Qualifications of the Quality Manager:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality or related field
· Previous Supervisory\Management experience
· At least 7 years of experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Quality Manager:
· Previous experience in the GAWDA industry
Norris Cylinders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Manager
Requisition Number: 941
EEO Employer Verbiage: