Mold Process Technician
Location: Auburn, Indiana US
Job Number: 12192
Mold Process Technician
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: 500 W 7th Street, Auburn, IN 46706 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
About Rieke Packaging Systems
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented Mold Process Technician to join a growing injection molding company in Auburn, Indiana.
The facility has 40 injection molding machines ranging in size from 75 to 720 tons. Molded products manufactured include closures (screw caps and bungs) for industrial markets:
Chemical, Paint and Solvents, Petrochemical, Agro-Chemical and Janitorial and Sanitation
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand, operate, and troubleshoot two plate, three plate and stack molds
- Monitor, maintain and recommend improvements to standard molding cycle times and part quality
- Identify and implement productivity improvements that include cycle time reductions and resin alternatives,
- Launch new molds and obtain first piece approval to engineering standards. Develop and implement operating instructions working closely with QA. Train team members to effectively use the procedures in their day-to-day roles.
- Develop and implement well-managed process for mold changes to optimize uptime and ensure performance objectives are achieved. Continuously explore opportunities to reduce changeover times.
- Train and mentor mold setter apprentices in safety, proper mold setting techniques, and process optimization.
- Set molds as required by schedule and process to conform to quality standard
- Perform insert changes and PM tasks as required working closely with the tool room
- 5+ years of experience in injection molding and mold pm/repair
- Experience in setting up and launching 1st piece production
- ID key characteristics of types of resin and their performance under various process parameters
- Processing experience with both open and closed loop systems
- Basic understanding of mold construction including types of material and mechanical function
- Machining experience is a plus
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auburn, Indiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Mold Process Technician
Requisition Number: 718
EEO Employer Verbiage: