Location: Rohnert Park, California US
Job Number: 11316
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: 301 Avenue Eleven Northwest, Atkins, AR 72823
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Review the previous shift's \"Inspection LOG\" for information on trouble spots or \"ALERTS\" considering quality of products underfoing process in major areas of operation namely; Molding, Stacking, Lining, Printing and Finshed Goods Packaging.
- Routinely collect random samples of finished parts from molding machines that produces parts during his/her watch. Records Cycle Times and make notes of observations concerning product quality and process being inspected.
- Mark, tag and segregate non-conforming products and materials to prevent them from being stored shipped or used in the process.
- May prepare necessary Non-conforming Material Report or Discrepancy Report.
- Alerts Operator or Production Supervisor for potential flaws or defects on parts undergoing process.
- Make measurements on parts and materials and perform applicable testing to parts and materials that requires the necessary procedure.
- Maintain records of all inspection and testing performed.
- Record, log or enter in the database system, observations and other information as a result of quality inspection.
- Keep QA Supervisor or QA Manager informed of any quality-related issues during his/her shift.
- Perform final inspection on shippable materials processed by manufacturing department.
- Randomly check pallets of finished products that leave the production rooms, for abnormality concerning Miss-labeling, Crocked Labels, Mixed pallets, Non-conforming Box/Case used, etc.
- Responsible for the quality and conformance to specified requirement of all parts and materials subjected to his/her quality inspection.
- Occasionally perform quality inspection on parts and materials stored in \"Hold\" area and/or at the warehouse.
- Purge obsolete or outdated material(s) and re-locate purged material(s) to MRB area or Holding Binds.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient organization and cleanliness around his/her work area.
- Provide help during inventory of materials when necessary.
- Provide help in production department when needed and do related jobs as assigned.
- Interact with production personnel with regards to product quality and maintain harmonious working relationship with all employees of IMI.
- Above all, spend most of the time checking and inspecting parts in process.
- At the minimum, a high school diploma or GED Certificate (or equivalent) with minimum six (6) months production experience with IMI. or, at the minimum, one (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent post high school training.
- Familiarity with precision measuring devices such as caliper, micrometer and other weighing/counting device or equipment.
- Familiarity with personal computer.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness and motivation to learn the principles of Total Quality Management (TQM) in a manufacturing environment.
- Attention to detail, 20/20 vision acuity (with or without vision aids), and be able to discern colors, is a must.
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
City: Rohnert Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rohnert Park, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Inspector
Requisition Number: 665
EEO Employer Verbiage: