Quality Manager, HBHC
Job Number: 9915
Quality Manager, HBHC
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Serving a huge range of markets - from pharmaceutical and personal care to paints, solvents, oils and lubricants, Rieke Packaging Systems supplies both boutique manufacturers and the world’s top brands with drum closures, pump dispensers and custom packaging solutions. The Quality Manager Home Beauty and Healthcare (HBHC) will provide leadership to the Quality department, balance multiple projects, and create close working relationships with contractors and internal resources.
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager HBHC:
· Work with contract manufacturing locations outside of the US to assure all aspects of quality.
· Support quality professionals in Rieke manufacturing facilities globally to ensure consistent communication with global customers.
· Represent the voice of the customer in quality complaints.
· Lead process improvement to minimize quality claims and internal rejections.
· Trains contractor and employees regarding inspection and sampling criteria.
· Assist in interpreting data to improve quality.
· Review customer, supplier and internal rejections and follow up with root cause and corrective action plans/
· Manage two laboratory staff, work collaboratively with Customer Care and Engineering teams.
· Update the business’ quality documentation as needed.
· Overseas travel may be required (<10>
Required Qualifications of the Quality Manager HBHC:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Engineering, or related field
· At least 7 years’ experience in a quality engineer or manager role
· At least 3 years of management experience in a quality department
· Experience with extruded materials
· Prior experience working with remote manufacturing locations
Preferred Qualifications of the Quality Manager HBHC:
· 10 or more years’ experience in quality
· Previous experience in a quality function with Plastic Injection Molding
· Bi-lingual in a Chinese dialect (Mandarin, Cantonese, etc)
Rieke Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Irwindale, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Manager, HBHC
Requisition Number: 570
EEO Employer Verbiage: