Sr. Product Engineer - Hose Division
Job Number: 9914
Sr. Product Engineer - Hose Division
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Lamons is one of the largest gasket and bolt suppliers in the world, committed to quality and local service. By first serving the needs of our customers and employees, we will achieve the leadership position in the global sealing products market through innovation, excellence and continuous improvement of all aspects of our business . The Senior Product Engineer – Hose Division will understand and balance a wide variety of factors that affect product strategy and execution, and ensure product goals become reality through planning, drive and collaboration with all business units. Technically assisting all divisions and sales channels, this position is responsible for product knowledge and awareness, management, marketing, engineering, quality control and overall strategy.
Responsibilities of the Senior Product Engineer – Hose Division:
· Plan, organize and control product line from conceptual stage through product life cycle keeping consistency across all divisions and SBU’s to optimize profit and meet financial and corporate
· Work as the developmental and technical lead from an engineering & sales standpoint. Providing technical support to division sales teams.
· Clearly define product specifications including devising, implementing and updating product line Quality Program.
· Serve as the resource knowledge base for sales personnel across organizations of product performance characteristics and their material component properties in order to address customer technical questions and evaluate suitability of products for various applications.
· Interact directly with customers as a technical trainer/resource for trouble shooting, understanding the customer’s needs and the product line’s future direction and presenting our value proposition.
· Enhance intra-company product line expertise through providing a playbook, training, joint sales calls, etc.
· Create and manage the product line’s marketing and sales plan. Provide input for sales forecasts and budgeting.
· Help branches to organize, plan and implement sales strategies, responsive customer service and efficient production capabilities within the hose product line
· Help to develop and consistently update marketing materials for hose product line.
· Provide market information back to branches as to the Company’s competitive position, new trends, pricing, new Customer needs and value-added services.
· Provide market information back to branches as to the Company’s competitive position, new trends, pricing, new customers
Required Qualifications of the Senior Product Engineer – Hose Division:
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical engineering and/or business field
· At least 8 years of experience with a relevant track record in the field of technical marketing and sales in the hose fabrication/manufacturing industry.
· Experience with strategic product line planning and knowledge and understanding of the market.
· Able to travel distances in automobile or airplane (Up to 50%).
Lamons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Product Engineer - Hose Division
Requisition Number: 577
EEO Employer Verbiage: