Sr. Quality Engineer
Job Number: 9498
Sr. Quality Engineer
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The Senior Quality Engineer develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards for products and processes. Provides diverse and complex statistical information for quality improvement by determining and applying testing methods and criteria. Responsible to guide technical evaluations, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure division quality objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities of the Senior Quality Engineer:
· Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises and implements various complex methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability, and accuracy of products, processes, and production equipment.
· Develops and establishes advanced quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates, and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
· Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing difficult statistical analyses. May establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error and determining levels of confidence.
· Provides input on quality to product development teams; recommends product ability improvements by facilitating process reviews, addressing technical data packages, manufacturing methods, equipment, tooling and training.
· Identifies quality performance, trends and corrective action by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys. Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
· Develops sampling plans and inspections by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
· Prepares comprehensive reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and summarizing data and making recommendations. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Quality Engineer:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· 6 years or more of Quality Engineer experience in Aerospace, 3+ of those years should be in Aerospace manufacturing
· Able to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
· Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, policies and recommend changes to procedures.
· Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Quality Engineer:
· ASQ Certification
· AS9100 Certified Internal Auditor
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 552
EEO Employer Verbiage: