Job Number: 9187
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: 500 W 7th Street, Auburn, IN 46706 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Our ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of processing experience in plastic injection molding. The mold setter is responsible for setting molds and starting presses within established process guidelines and will report to the Shift Supervisor.
- Set mold into press and load process parameters as defined.
- Produce first good product before operator hand off.
- Proper removal, cleaning and storage of mold and all auxiliary equipment after the jobs are complete.
- Ensure process characteristics of the work center are maintained throughout the job to
provide quality parts.
- Resolve process characteristic if parts produced are not meeting standard.
- Will be responsible for investigating root causes of repetitive problems and
implement permanent corrective actions.
- Diagnose and correct issues relating to setup of production equipment.
- Pre-stage the next scheduled production job order, which includes all aspects of the job
change. (ie, auxiliary equipment, watering requirements, etc.).
- Follow all quality guidelines and ISO-9001 guidelines.
- Follow all safety procedures when changing molds, setting up molds and making process
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedules and work overtime and weekends, with or
without advanced notice.
- Minor equipment maintenance.
- Assisting with relief breaks.
- Communicates with previous and next shift teams.
- Responsible for keeping work areas clean.
- Identify and develop cost savings for Rieke.
- High school diploma/GED
- 3 years plastic injection mold processing experience and a history of successful job setups through successful processing
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and the ability to apply it in a work situation
- Basic SPC knowledge, product and customer requirements knowledge.
- Capable of effective and cooperative interactions with employees and contractors at all levels of
- Proven ability to work with others to accomplish goals.
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced organization handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auburn, Indiana US
Community / Marketing Title: Mold Setter
Requisition Number: 530