Branch Operations Manager
Job Number: 8088
Branch Operations Manager
Primary Location: SGP
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Lamons is one of the largest gasket and bolt suppliers in the world, committed to quality and local service. By first serving the needs of our customers and employees, we will achieve the leadership position in the global sealing products market through innovation, excellence and continuous improvement of all aspects of our business. The Branch Operations Manager leads the operational and support functions for local customers by expecting the highest level of quality, service and support from immediate staff and Houston. Also in conjunction with Branch Manager, develop partnerships with key internal and external decision-makers at the corporate level and keep them informed on pricing, product application, and problem resolution, services provided and general business issues and trends to satisfy customers’ long and short term needs.
Responsibilities of the Branch Operations Manager:
· Plans, organizes, and implements the necessary controls and measurements to insure efficient, cost-effective manufacturing operation that obtains its objectives in the area of Productivity, Cost, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
· Executes and maintains operating budget, measures results against plan and develops actions to correct any deficiencies. Reviews monthly results, communicates results to all plant personnel to keep them informed and involved.
· Provide information to Manager and Houston as required, for forecasting targeted business, changes to annual forecast, how we can convert particular business, what we don’t have, etc.
· Reviews sales and operation performance each month and reports findings to Branch Manager and/or Houston. Assesses performance against plan and takes corrective action as needed to improve performance.
· May accompany outside sales persons on routine sales calls on accounts to position the company as a leading edge organization in Customer Satisfaction
· Sets annual goals and objectives for subordinate and participates in the development of individual performance plans.
· Responsible for manufacturing area safety, health and environmental policies and procedures implementation; ensure monthly audits are conducted and develops corrective action as required.
· Develops formal Performance Plans for all personnel; implements review process to enhance performance against plan.
· Adhere to Travel & Entertainment Policy and budget requirements.
· Ensures outside salespersons follow up with customers for returns or problems, issues and concerns; may travel to customer’s location as necessary to investigate quality problems.
· Implements Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, personnel, financial, safety, environmental, quality and salary administrations.
· Is active participant in all quality issues and stays abreast of customer, manufacturing & supplier issues.
· Develops strategy to be single-source supplier of all fluid sealing products for customers and administers program to attain company’s strategic position.
· Develops plans and activities to ensure facility becomes and maintains ISO-9002 certification, including Quality policies, procedures, instructions, training and documentation.
· Implements, communicates and develops means and methods to keep employees informed, involved and active participants in the ownership of the processes.
· Supply Houston with information to prepare HBR and quarterly business review reports for TriMas.
· May purchase or approve purchase of all raw materials and MRO items to ensure minimal inventory levels are maintained and best cost, service and delivery are obtained.
· Work with Manufacturing Management, Quality Management and Customer Service Representatives to review Customer specifications for improvements; follow up with Customers to implement changes.
· Provide market information back to Houston as to the Company’s competitive position, new trends, pricing, new Customer needs and value-added services.
Required Qualifications of the Branch Operations Manager:
· Communication skills which include the ability to negotiate, motivate, persuade others
· Conflict Resolution & Problem Solving Skills
· Leadership skills sufficient to inspire a group of individuals to function as a team to obtain optimal results
· Knowledge of Computerized Information Systems
· Bachelors’ degree desirable or 5 years’ equivalent experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
· 3 years successful experience in a Manufacturing Management role
· Able to travel distances in automobile or airplane.
· Visual acuity to process information.
Preferred Qualifications of the Branch Operations Manager:
· Knowledge of fluid sealing industry,
· ISO requirements for gasket and fastener industry
· Commercial/Sales ability
Lamons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, SG
Community / Marketing Title: Branch Operations Manager
Requisition Number: 470
EEO Employer Verbiage: