Job Number: 7195
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Norris Cylinders Company, a TriMas Company, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of high pressure and low pressure acetylene cylinders. From its inception, the principle objective of the company has been to manufacture the highest-quality products used for the shipping and dispensing of compressed gases, while exceeding customer expectations in value and service. This remains our commitment. The Controller will assist the DFO in directing all accounting functions. These include establishing and maintaining the organization’s accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
· Administer preparation and timely filing of accurate accounting and financial reports for governmental and regulatory agencies and preparation of reports for routine publications.
· Lead financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function as well as supervise cost accounting activities, including review of standard costs and FIFO inventory calculations
· Spearhead analytics / KPIs for profit improvement. Design and publish interpretative analytical reports to management with recommendations for action.
· Review all capital expenditure requests from the standpoint of approval control and insure that required financial analysis has been completed where required for those proposals requiring senior management and/or Board approval.
· Provide overall management of networking, capital, specifically credit and collections of AR
· On a monthly basis manage all reporting for month-end processing to ensure accurate accounting reports properly supported by corresponding reconciled general ledger accounts.
· Understand the continuous improvement philosophy (LEAN/Six Sigma) and support and/or participate in continuous improvement team activities.
· Complete all financial reporting requirements to TriMas per corporate schedule
Required Qualifications of the Controller:
· Bachelor’s Degree in an accounting or finance discipline
· 5+ years of accounting experience
· Demonstrable financial planning and analysis (FP&A) experience
· Proficiency with accounting applications, specifically ERP databases
Preferred Qualifications of the Controller:
· CPA Designation
· Experience working for a manufacturing organization
· Experience with the ERP Syteline by Infor
· Previous experience in a public accounting environment
Norris Cylinders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Controller
Requisition Number: 436
EEO Employer Verbiage: