Territory Sales Manager
Job Number: 7171
Territory Sales Manager
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: 500 W 7th Street, Auburn, IN 46706 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Manages sales of the company’s products within a defined geographic area and/or vertical market. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues delivering on Rieke’s business objectives to improve short and long term sales and earnings.
· Management and growth of assigned accounts and prospects (Pipeline management, growth plan, CRM, Trade Shows, Reports, Inventory, Receivables, etc.)
· Performs sales activities within a geographic territory and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with the Sales Director.
· Responsible for specified growth targets in their assigned territory with new and existing customers
· Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products related to relevant sales area
· Adhere to all sales policies practices and procedures
· Deploy sales strategies to improve market share in area of responsibility
· Provide input to the Sales Director for the development of realistic territory forecasts by customer and product based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort.
· Provide input into the development of territory sales objectives and expected sales volumes (new and existing customers and products)
· Take customer calls and email inquiries, enter and prioritize work orders, manage customer inventory and provide feedback to internal and external customers.
· Ensure issues and concerns are fully documented, communicated and resolved
· Handle difficult customer situations in a professional and timely manner
· Collaborate with other employees by providing important customer feedback, process improvement suggestions and new product opportunities.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies/trade associations.
· Participate on teams as deemed necessary by the Sales Director and Senior Management
- Ability to travel 60%
- Degree in related field or degree level
- Proven success, knowledge and experience of selling, account management, pipeline management, negotiation skills, sales planning, building relationships, managing sales processes
- Ability to deliver dynamic but succinct sales presentations. Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP, and CRM. Ability to deal with conflict and challenge. Strong business acumen. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Sales experience required; Experience of working within a multi-national company desired.
- Ability to work with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams. Strong listening skills, integrity and trust, customer focused, entrepreneurial spirit, has intellectual horsepower, can deal with ambiguity and paradox, ability to manage own time, organize and prioritize numerous activities, highly motivated, has perseverance and tenacity, excellent problem solving and negotiation skills, ability to inspire confidence with customers, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Territory Sales Manager
Requisition Number: 428
EEO Employer Verbiage: