Location: Boothwyn, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 21406
Primary Location: 1 Chelsea Parkway, Suite 103/104, Boothwyn, PA 19061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Gasket Maker / Packer primarily works in the hose and gasket departments, where day-to-day activities, include operation of machines to cut custom made gaskets and hoses, to include equipment set up and preparing the raw material for cutting and maintaining inventory of raw material. Employee will be asked to assist in packing, shipping and putting stock away. Cross training into other areas is required. May perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assembles rubberized hose stocks to fabricate industrial hose. Swabs rubber tubing and ply stocks with solvent and rubber lubricant to clean them and provide adhesive surfaces. May crimp different types of hose and hose fittings, or crimp sleeves according to hose diameter as specified. Operates forklift, hand dolly and pallet jack
· Set up, operate and maintain machinery used for cutting and crimping hoses, cutting, forming or building industrial gaskets to include DJ from Helix, Punch Press, Circle Cutter, Horizontal Spiral Wound, Kamprofiling machine, Corrugator and Band Saw. Test hose pressure per specification.
· Load or feed material into machines.
· Adjust machines to proper settings as required.
· Lay out and prepare materials for cutting and assembly
· Operate machines or equipment and use hand tools to cut, shape, splice, and build metal, rubber and plastic gaskets.
· Make deliveries of materials and pick up materials from local suppliers as needed.
· Operate finishing machines or equipment to trim, grind, or buff products into final form
· Train or assist in training new workers
· Inspect finished products for and conformance to specifications and quality standards, visually or using instruments. Check for defects. Maintain product quality.
· Complete production reporting.
· Make minor adjustments or repairs to products.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
· Reads and understands English and numerals sufficiently to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
· Speaks and writes English and numerals sufficiently to communicate in a clear, understandable manner.
· Able to work with numbers with minimal transposition errors over the course of a regular shift.
· Read and understand all measurement notations on a measuring tape, including 1/32" and 1/16" reading marks.
· Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Previous gasket, bolt or hose experience is desirable.
· Warehouse or fabrication yard or shop experience is helpful.
· Able to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
· Continuous standing and/or walking.
· Work frequently or continuously with weights heavier than fifty pounds.
· Good eye/hand/foot coordination.
· Good visual acuity- cannot be colorblind.
· Ability to work in cold, hot and/or dusty environment, with noisy conditions.
· Must be able to become forklift certified.
· Must be able to lift fifty pounds independently.
· Must be able to work safely while being productive.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boothwyn, Pennsylvania US
Community / Marketing Title: Production
Requisition Number: 1222&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: