Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 21403
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
This position supports both shipping and receiving dock operations. The position maintains corrugation, lumber and pallet inventories for Logistics including receiving (unloading of supplier trucks), storage and paperwork for these items in addition to all janitorial functions as far as crib supplies and trash removal for the Logistic Zones. This position is responsible for the overall back-yard organization and cleanup in the Logistics areas of responsibility and will coordinate activities with the Material Handlers from other departments as required. This position will lend support where needed in other areas, examples – crate & pack or metal scrap bin areas). This position will monitor and fill branch orders for all shipping supplies. This position will spend a great deal of time outside, year-round in all weather conditions and should be able to work in this environment both on and off a fork lift. May perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes trash on a timely basis from the shipping area.
- Monitors and restocks corrugation in the parcel packing area.
- Monitors and restocks lumber and pallets as required.
- Is responsible for the overall organization and cleanliness of the loading docks and turnaround area in shipping.
- Will monitor and fill all shipping supply orders that come from the branches.
- Will monitor all waste removals and will work with the supervisor to resolve any issues.
- Is responsible for maintaining various crib supplies for shipping & maintenance.
- Will unload shipping supplies and cylinder gases from suppliers as required.
- Will work with the other Material Handlers to maintain 5S +1 efforts in the backyard.
- Train new Material Handlers for Shipping.
- Read and understand English sufficiently to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to drive a fork lift.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Warehousing knowledge.
- Good organizational skills.
- Team-work a must.
- High school or equivalent required.
- One year preferable.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull
- Continuous standing and walking
- Moderate to heavy physical effort
- Working frequently with average weight up to 50 pounds independently.
- Good eye, hand & foot coordination.
- Good visual acuity cannot be color blind.
- Ability to work in cold, hot, damp and dusty environment with a great deal of work done outside in the elements.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Material Handler
Requisition Number: 1212&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: