Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 21233
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Packers are responsible for confirming the correct parts and quantities are packed in the proper packaging material.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packages the right parts and quantities and making sure they have all required documentation such as Mill Test Reports, Certificate of Compliance, print labels, and anything else the customer may request.
- Retrieve parts/orders from Finished Goods for packing and shipment.
- Knowledge of truck schedules in order to prioritize packing product for the next respected truck.
- Generates any tags and markings on the boxes they pack, and making sure they are writing down all weights and dimension clearly on the inspection ticket.
- Identifies "HOT RED TAG," orders and getting them packed or into the office.
- Packs materials to prevent damage during normal handling and transit.
- Takes into the office all Will Calls or Hot Shots ( if size allows ) along with all appropriate paperwork needed for order.
- Keeps their packaging station and area around clean and free of any trash or clutter.
- Must have clear understanding and practice all safety rules and regulations.
- Must have clear understanding of Quality Policy and Quality System Programs.
- Must be able to reasonably understand English to comprehend instructions as needed
- No educational requirements.
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Continuous standing and/or walking.
- Moderate physical effort- working frequently with average weights of ten to fifty pounds or continuously with lighter weights.
- Good eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Ability to work in cold, hot and/or dusty environment, with noisy conditions.
- PC and software system capabilities.
- Must be able to become forklift certified.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds independently.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Packer
Requisition Number: 1213&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: