CNC Machinist II
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 21231
CNC Machinist II
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Reviews job operations and produces based on standard work instructions in a safe and efficient manner. Measures and documents product quality and confirms within specifications. Functions productively based on management standards. Contributes to team culture on shared goals. Maintains organized work area through 5S practices. Adheres to all company policies, practices, and expectations. Performs other duties as assigned by supervision (or management).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates (not limited to) CNC Lathes and/or Mills, Hydraulic Press, Thread Roller (if applicable) and Forklift.
- Edits/Revise CNC Programs when necessary.
- Select and load CNC programs.
- Select and set tooling for the job setup.
- Adjust speeds and feeds relevant to the material and surface finish requirements of the job.
- Must have clear understanding and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Must have clear understanding of Quality Policy and product specific requirements.
- Follows all procedures, instructions and specifications: written, drawing or verbal.
- Performs operator preventative maintenance on assigned pieces of equipment(s).
- Checks material quality and quantity for prior to producing.
- May support programmer in setting up equipment in preparation for first article inspection.
- Observes live manufacturing process and ensures proper insert changes, coolant levels, and other critical operational parameters.
- Required to understand product measurement and results interruption.
- Retrieves job information, product movement carts/table, hand tools, measuring instruments, inserts, and any other necessary resource to be successful in producing.
- Cross trains on appropriate equipment and processes to improve operational flexibility.
- Adheres to transactional process requirements, such as, production logs, quality documentation, bar coding, job closure, etc. (as assigned).
- Communicates any substandard operational condition (e.g., safety hazard, quality defect, mechanical breakdown, etc.) to the appropriate management team member.
- Mandatory functional skills in all assigned equipment, processes, and procedures.
- Support 5S practices through active workplace organization and audit follow up.
- Reads and understands English and numerals sufficiently to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Speaks and writes English sufficiently to communicate in a clear, understandable manner.
- Strong mathematic skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of both G and M codes such as G54, G55, M00, M01 as examples.
- Able to demonstrate offset adjustments and explain the functionality of the offsets.
- An extensive understanding of programming, able to read and interpret a program.
- Ability to edit programs when necessary.
- Ability to select and set tooling in order to set up for a job.
- Knowledge of selecting and loading a CNC program.
- Able to understand and explain the use of speeds and feeds.
- Ability to adjust speeds and feeds in order to achieve the surface finish required for the material/requirement determined by the customer drawing/standard.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and standards (including but not limited to dimensions and tolerances).
- Demonstrate ability to set and read thread micrometers and calipers as well as gauges.
- Demonstrate the ability to hold dimensions tolerances within +/- 0.005
- High school diploma or GED
- Three to six years’ experience in CNC machining within the Oil and Gas industry. Knowledge of threads is preferable, and an extensive understanding of CNC programs/machines is required.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Continuous standing and/or walking.
- Moderate physical effort- working frequently with average weights of ten to fifty pounds or continuously with lighter weights.
- Good eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Good visual acuity- cannot be colorblind.
- Ability to work in cold, hot and/or dusty environment, with noisy conditions.
- Must be able to become forklift certified.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds independently.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: CNC Machinist II
Requisition Number: 1214&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: