Operations Manager - Hose
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 20947
Operations Manager - Hose
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: General / Executive Management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Plans, organizes and controls the daily, weekly, monthly and annual activities to meet customer requirements for quality, cost and on-time delivery. Assigns work and follows-up frequently to evaluate work, take corrective action, train, and re-plan to meet schedules; orients, and trains employees; holds regular team meetings to facilitate communication, problem solving and to motivate employees; maintains clean, safe, environmentally friendly work area; counsels employees, as required; orders supplies, materials, tools and equipment, as required; represent Company to promote image of Company as a good place to work; responsible for the administration and compliance of all Company policies and procedures. Provides mentorship and training to team leads. Creates opportunities for learning and career development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Inspects purchased and fabricated products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
· Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
· Interprets company policies to workers. Enforces safety regulations and Plant work rules.
· Manages time keeping system and monitors employee dependability.
· Responsible for departmental safety issues and represents company on Safety Team Committee.
· Interprets & delegates specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties and establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
· Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
· Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
· Responsible for managing raw materials, component and finished goods inventories.
· Responsible for managing departmental costs and approving training, equipment and supplies.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
· Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals including establishing and measuring KPI’s.
· Maintains time and production records.
· Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
· Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
· Completes projects and assignments per specified deadlines.
· Responsible for training, documenting training and evaluating subordinates in job performance, quality, and safety to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth.
· Holds monthly or periodic safety audits along with safety training meetings.
· Implements company policies, procedures and manufacturing strategy.
· Responsible for the enforcement of company EEO/ADA/AAP Sexual Harassment policies and procedures.
· Promotes company to outside suppliers, customers and employees.
· Provides mentorship and training to team leads. Creates opportunities for learning and career development.
Knowledge of Hose Products, Applications for Use and Fabrication Methods
- Knowledge of metal cutting, forming, welding and finishing
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Hose Industry, Suppliers and Competitors
- Knowledge of production process flow and measurement
- Experienced with computerized materials requirements and scheduling systems
· AA Degree in Industrial Technology preferred, and/or
· Two years vocational/technical education beyond high school
Up to five years successful experience as a Supervisor in an ISO-9000 or QS-9000 certified manufacturing plant practicing "World Class" techniques
· Must be able to lift, bend, stoop and climb
· Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
· Fork lift certification
· Cannot be color blind
· Must have the mental capacity to solve complex mechanical problems with a highly developed sense of urgency
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Manager - Hose
Requisition Number: 1180&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: