Night Shift Superintendent
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 20920
Night Shift Superintendent
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 4818 W. Loop 281, Longview, TX 75603 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
N ight Shift Superintendent
Norris Cylinders Company, a TriMas Company, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of high pressure and low pressure acetylene cylinders. From its inception, the principle objective of the company has been to manufacture the highest-quality products used for the shipping and dispensing of compressed gases, while exceeding customer expectations in value and service. This remains our commitment.
We are currently seeking a Night Shift Superintendent to join our facility in Longview, TX. The Night Shift Superintendent will be tasked with planning, directing and supervising production activities and employees on night shift. They will work in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels in a safe and motivational climate.
Responsibilities of the Night Shift Superintendent :
- Reviews general status of production schedules to ensure that schedules are being met, and if necessary, assigns or adjusts schedules and/or personnel to balance and expedite work through production areas.
- Assures that the desired product quality levels are achieved through proper operator training with operation and inspection techniques, use of tools and overall job responsibilities
- Recommends methods and procedures to control and improve product quality.
- Make recommendations related to safety, quality, efficiency, machine utilization scrap, budget status, etc.
- Takes corrective action when necessary to improve the overall production performance on the night shift.
- Confers with appropriate personnel on problems or situations that develop regarding quality, efficiency, machine utilization, order scheduling, safety, housekeeping, manpower, etc.
- Recommends the selection and termination of personnel in their assigned area.
- Will coordinate production activities with other functional areas to assure that the needs and problems of manufacturing are communicated and addressed.
- Consistently administers company policies and practices regarding attendance, performance etc.
- Expected to participate in activities such as training and safety programs in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work area(s) involved.
- Performs such individual assignments as the VP of Operations may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the departments, and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Education of the Nightshift Superintendent:
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or assembly
- B road background in manufacturing technology and line operating experience
- Proven supervisory and management skills
- Experience in quality, safety and product reliability
- Knowledge of material procurement
Preferred Qualifications and Education of the Nightshift Superintendent:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Industrial Technology/Manufacturing Engineering discipline
- Syteline ERP experience
Norris Cylinder is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Night Shift Superintendent
Requisition Number: 1182&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: