QA Material Traceability Tech
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 20787
QA Material Traceability Tech
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Quality, the QA Material Traceability Technician provides operational quality support to the Houston location. Exhibits proficiency in reading micrometers, calipers; operating metal hardness and alloy testers; material traceability tracking/auditing; interpreting simple blueprints and/or work orders. Exhibits knowledge of bolting, machining, and material types. Identifies and resolves quality problems. The QA inspector works in conjunction with the incoming receiving personnel to resolve documentation issues relating missing paperwork and material traceability.
May perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager or Director of Quality.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for performing PMI testing upon receipt of material to verify correct material grade.
· Verify MTR’s against packing slips
· Responsible for scanning, verifying, and importing documents in "Tokopen".
· Responsible for gathering and forwarding test samples to outside testing lab in the absence of the assigned technician responsible for the task.
· Responsible for ensuring "Material Traceability Tags" are placed on incoming raw bar stock, prior to internal staging. All raw bar stock that is staged outside must also be identified with a "Material Traceability Tag".
· Responsible for performing "Material Traceability" audits throughout Fastener manufacturing/finish goods process to ensure product is properly identified with heat numbers.
· Performs "in-process" dimensional and physical audits to assure bolting conform to work order requirements and have been manufactured in accordance with established procedures and specifications.
· Responsible for compiling and analyzing material traceability audits.
· Performs final inspection on detailed product as required.
· Responsible for ensuring MTR’s in the system meets Lamons Material Specifications.
· Responsible for identifying trends that prohibit on-time shipments.
· Operates a variety of measuring, analysis and testing equipment.
· Responsible for evaluating incoming RMA returns relative to verifying packing slip, material quantity, material type, and identify bottlenecks in the system.
· Identifies and resolves any problems with material and/or production quality, as delegated by the Quality Manager.
· Completes Inspection travelers, reports, hold points and rejection notices.
· Uses word processing, spreadsheets, or other common software packages to generate data and reports for customers.
· Improves the QMS by implementing formally documented procedures.
· Performs and documents internal quality audits as scheduled.
· Supports customer and 3 rd party audits.
· Promotes awareness of corporate Quality policies, procedures, and objectives to all employees.
- Maintains a clean workstation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reads and understands English and numerals sufficiently to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Speaks and writes English and numerals sufficiently to communicate in a clear, understandable manner.
- Computer literate, and has at least an intermediate working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally or in writing.
- Has the ability to prioritize and manage time
- Manage data and records
- High School or GED.
- Has successfully completed Auditor training, preferably Lead Auditor training.
- ASQ certification as a Quality Technician is highly preferred.
- 3-5 years as a Quality Inspector or Quality Technician with good knowledge of various types of measuring/testing equipment, styles and types of materials and blueprints/drawings.
- 1-2 years controlling and/or calibrating measuring equipment
- Successfully worked in an ISO 9001 certified system, or equivalent.
- Successfully worked as an internal quality auditor.
- Has demonstrated an ability to read and understand industry or customer standards and specifications for bolting.
- Requires several hours of standing and/or walking.
- Moderate physical effort- working frequently with average weights of ten to fifty pounds or continuously with lighter weights.
- Ability to working in cold, hot and/or dusty environment, with noisy conditions.
- Must be able to lift twenty-five pounds independently.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: QA Material Traceability Tech
Requisition Number: 1177&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: