Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 20479
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Engineering and Technology, this role requires the formulation and leadership of all technical functions related to flange gasket design, in service performance, product development programs and applications engineering services that support our internal and external facing customers.
Supporting sales initiatives with presentations and direct customer technical discussions by building strong relationships with end users, customers and internal functions/departments.
Represent Lamons on technical committees and standards organisations at national and international level.
Introduce new products and processes into the overall company strategy and make recommendations for the improvement and cost reduction of existing products and processes.
Develop, modify and implement improvements to the manufacturing and processing systems that produces the products.
Leads the development of product engineering designs, processes and procedures.
Manages Lamons technical staff to provide accurate technical information to customers, sales staff and engineering staff.
Develop designs and modifications to the product for specific customer needs.
Assists with the training of employees and customers on the latest products and services provided.
As required, travels to customer locations to deliver training and product application support.
Contributes to marketing activities including trade shows, literature and marketing initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly contributes to the sales strategy to ensure that Lamons flange gaskets are specified and approved by selected major end user customers.
- Coordinates the development of the Company’s new products and processes bringing those products to an industrial scale.
- Develops cost-reduction projects; initiates investigation and analysis of cost-reduction projects working with local site managers to implement in all facilities.
- On major product offerings, develop equipment specifications, tooling required, design parameters, quality, prove-out of all processes prior to sign-off and release to manufacturing operation.
- Keeps the Company updated on the latest technological advancements that can be utilized in the manufacturing processes to develop new products as well as improve quality, productivity, cost and safety of existing products.
- Will serve as Project Leader on major studies to determine new products, processes in line with the business strategic plans for growth and profitability.
- Coordinates with Marketing on the development of new products that can increase major market share and position.
- Meets and works with customers to answer questions and provide technical assistance on products and their applications.
- Trains company sales staff in technical at national sales meetings, regional sales meetings and other designated meetings.
- Works with manufacturing and quality to communicate issues in the field and develop resolutions.
- Operates as a liaison to purchasing, manufacturing, sales and other departments on technical aspects of company’s flange gasket products.
- Attends trade shows to provide direct technical interface with customers and potential customers as requested.
- Provides training and mentoring to junior staff to meet succession planning goals.
- Reviews and approves technical publications such as catalogues, sales brochures, customer newsletters and advertising.
- Effectively supervises technical engineers and other assigned employees.
- Responsible for accurately completing and submitting all required reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for having the applications engineers complete all required training.
- Responsible for complying with and explaining the company policies, practices and procedures to the technical engineers.
· Knowledge of CAD, PLC’s CNC controls, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Computer Processes, Networking, Internet utilization, CMMS and Energy Management Systems
· Basic understanding of material composition and manufacturing processes
· "World Class" manufacturing benchmarks
· Standard Cost System knowledge
· Conflict Resolution and Problem-Solving experience with the ability to motivate others to follow leadership
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to provide hands-on technical training either in a group or one-on-one situation.
· BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience
· Ten (10) years of manufacturing Research and development experience in a process-driven organization utilizing modern technology
· This is a hands-on position that requires the incumbent to perform in a trouble-shooting capacity; must be able to lift, bend, stoop and climb; capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. on a periodic basis; cannot be color blind; must have a high stress tolerance and act with a sense of urgency.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Engineering
Requisition Number: 1098&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: