Location: Tolleson, Arizona US
Job Number: 20278
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
We are currently seeking a Senior Machinist to join our Manufacturing team at our facility in Tolleson, AZ. The Senior Machinist will mainly be responsible for operating various conventional and numerically controlled machining centers on semi-complex jobs. The Senior Machinist will also be tasked with working from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, engineering, tooling, or equipment information. In addition, the Senior Machinist will be expected to contribute to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs.
Responsibilities of the Senior Machinist :
· Perform machine operations such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming
· Set up, rework parts, and run multiple production machines
· Perform machine operations where materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre-planned and established
· Follow established manufacturing methods using standard production machines, materials, and tooling; effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
· Complete machine adjustments and report improper functioning or cutting action for correction
· Align and fasten work using standard fixtures and established methods
· Install and adjust cutting tools consistent with type and size of material being machined
· Adjust feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation
· Operate hand and power tools to deburr precision and complex machine parts
· Inspect parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers and comparators
· Utilize magnification equipment to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas
· Visually inspects parts for burrs or damaged machined surfaces
· Routinely maintain equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability
· Regularly perform statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements
· Implement lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement
Required Qualifications and Education of the Senior Machinist:
· 3+ years of machining and machine set up experience
· Ability to read and follow blueprints, and specifications
· Knowledge of machine shop mathematics, including trigonometry
· Proven ability to apply lean initiatives, interpret reports, and utilize job-specific software applications
· Ability to utilize employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e-mail).
Physical Demands of the Senior Machinist:
While performing the duties of this job, the chosen candidate will be required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time. He or she will be required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to operate machinery and may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. *Green Card Holder-); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Machinist Sr
Requisition Number: 1138&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: