Location: Tolleson, Arizona US
Job Number: 20278
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Operates various conventional and/or numerically controlled machining centers on semi-complex jobs. Works from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, and/or engineering, tooling, or equipment information. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with limited guidance in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and runs multiple production machines. Performs machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts. Performs machine operations where the materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre-planned and established. Makes necessary machine adjustments and reports improper machine functioning or cutting action for correction.
- Aligns and fastens work using standard fixtures and established methods.
- Installs and adjusts cutting tools consistent with type and size of material being machined.
- Follows established manufacturing methods using standard production machines, materials, and tooling.
- Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
- Operates hand and power tools to deburr precision and complex machine parts in accordance with semi-complicated engineering blueprints and route sheets to close tolerances.
- Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers and comparators. Uses various types of magnification equipment (including a microscope) to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas. Visually inspects parts for burrs or damaged machined surfaces.
- Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
- Accurately and regularly performs statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
- Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
- Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Three years related machining experience. Able to work with limited guidance in a team environment.
- Able to make machine set ups.
- Reads and follows blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions.
- Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
- Able to effectively apply lean initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e-mail).
- Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time. The team member is required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to operate machinery. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, and the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Machinist Sr
Requisition Number: 1138&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: