Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 19840
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Based out of the Inside Sales & Order Entry area, this position expedites daily rush orders for local Houston deliveries throughout the day. Ensures that all facets of the order are being processed in a timely basis. ie; jobs to production, purchase orders issued, pick tickets issued. The person may have to hand deliver to operator to have order made. May work on multiple rush orders at one time going back and forth between orders. After orders are completed, ensures orders are inspected if required. Takes order to shipping department and ensures orders leave the shipping area for delivery to customers. Must know inventory locations and stock availability.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receives rush orders notification from salesperson and ensures line items are entered into the Syteline system.
· Confirms the floor supervisor has the order and/or walks or calls order to the shop to initiate order process. Follows up with each department to ensure timely processing.
· May have to pull raw material to expedite order. May also have to call vendor or supplier to expedite material needed to complete order.
· Communicates realistic delivery capabilities to salesperson or customer service on a periodic basis.
· May need to negotiate with production staff to place their rush order ahead of other orders that are in process.
· Will work on and complete multiple orders at the same time.
· Works with QC inspectors to ensure inspection and documentation if required.
· Communicates with shipping staff to ensure proper packing and/or [packaging of product/
· Works with hot shot drivers to schedule delivery in accordance with product completion schedules
· Ensures paperwork and system completion are accurate and thorough
· Keeps track of all orders to compare to delivery goals and objectives
· Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining digital document control to meet business workflow requirements.
· Use the document management system tools to design and implement automated business document workflows.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· The demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Working knowledge of inventory control systems and shipping and receiving/transportation scheduling techniques and practices.
· Use of some measuring instruments, such as scales and calipers.
· Basic computer operation (spreadsheets and databases), knowledge of Syteline.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· At least one to three years successful continuous employment in an industrial setting performing shipping, production or inventory duties.
· Moderate physical effort, working continuously with weights from five to sixty pounds.
· Requires good hand-eye coordination.
· Ability to walk throughout the day to various departments throughout the shop floor
· Ability to lift, climb, stoop and bend.
· Good visual acuity; can not be colorblind.
· Ability to operate forklift.
· Must be able to work in cold, heat and dusty environment; includes occasional work outside in the elements.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Warehouse Expeditor
Requisition Number: 1036&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: