Location: Ottawa, Kansas US
Job Number: 19833
Company: Mac Fasteners
Primary Location: USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Mac Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is a high-volume producer of standard aerospace screws and bolts, which are globally utilized by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), aftermarket repair companies, and commercial and military aircraft producers. The Tool Maker analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates various machine tools required to fabricate and repair, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, machinists hand tools, etc..
Responsibilities of the Tool Maker:
- Analyzes specifications, computes dimensions, plans layout, fabricates, proves tooling and determines assembly method and sequence of operations for tooling where final results are periodically reviewed by others. Determines critical reference points and tooling holes, sometimes among at least 3 non parallel planes.
- Sets up and operates major machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, grinder, etc. to machine parts, and make tooling. Verifies conformance of machined parts tooling to specifications, machines and repairs other tooling etc. Works to exacting tolerances (± .0001)
- Assists in troubleshooting or may do entire troubleshooting depending on complexity/difficulty of task concerning tool making problems or related matters of importance. Uses considerable resourcefulness where necessary to use initiative to insure efficiency and productivity in any corrective action of tooling and machines/equipment. Able to understand intended use of tooling and provide recommendations when and where appropriate.
- Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of the department. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Assists other department members as required.
- Works from specifications from blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions or works from verbal orders, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
Required Qualifications of the Tool Maker:
· At least 5 years of work experience or equivalent skills and knowledge expertise in tool making and repairs
- Must read precision measuring instruments such as various gauges, meters, calipers and micrometers as well as machine schematics, blueprints and other documentation similar or comparable to those used by the Company.
- Must be capable of applying mathematical operations using fractions, decimals, algebra, geometry and trigonometry as required by essential job duties.
- Requires tooling and major machine tools knowledge equivalent to journeyman trade school graduate.
- Applies practical skill proficiency to hold exacting tolerances required in machining operations.
Preferred Qualifications of the Tool Maker:
· Previous cold heading experience
Mac Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ottawa, Kansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Tool Maker
Requisition Number: 775&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: