Sr. Applications Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 19822
Sr. Applications Engineer
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Provides accurate technical and regulatory information to Lamons’ customers, Sales staff, and Engineering staff. Develops designs and modifications to designs for specific customer needs. Assists with the training of Lamon’s employees and customers on the latest products and regulations. Represents Lamons in technical and regulatory organizations of the refining/chemical industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Meets and works with customers to define Lamons’ products, regulatory issues and other technical matters.
· Trains Lamons Sales staff in technical and regulatory matters at national sales meetings, regional sales meetings and other designated places.
· Provides assistance in customer warranty claims.
· Provides assistance in Quote Review Meetings as necessary.
· Provides regulatory advice to Lamons’ customers, Sales staff and others over a wide range of regulations.
· Operates as a liaison to Purchasing, Engineering, Sales and others on technical and regulatory aspects of Lamons products.
· Attends trade shows to provide direct technical interface with customers and potential customers as requested.
· Coordinates content updates and distribution of the Lamons’ Training and Reference Manual.
· Responsible for completing projects on schedule.
· Represents Lamons in Industrial Trade organizations.
· Attends classes and seminars to keep skills current.
· Ability to lead and direct engineering staff where needed
· Ability to take an active leadership role in projects and departmental objectives
· Excellent written and verbal skills are required.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of work groups.
· Ability to effectively represent Lamons to customers, vendors and regulatory organizations.
· Computer skills in word processing.
· Discipline and ability to respond to multiple requests in a timely manner.
· Ability to provide technical leadership and coordinating skills while serving customers.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements and chemical compatibility relating to company products.
· Knowledge of metal working operations such as power presses, welders, benders, deburring and clean-up.
· Basic understanding of industry standards related to piping and pressure vessel specifications.
· Possesses a firm understanding of Engineering concepts relating to this field of work such as fluid mechanics, heat transfer, process chemistry, chemical and physical properties of materials, metallurgical properties, galvanic corrosion, failure analysis, welding and corrosion.
· Ability to develop, review and comment on mechanical calculations and drawings.
· Display competence in technical and office software.
· Proficiency and competence in AutoCAD software.
· Competence in the English language (writing and verbal).
· Patience and skills to work closely with engineers from different cultural backgrounds.
· Ability to learn and develop technical knowledge and skills.
· A Bachelor Degree in Engineering is preferred. In lieu of an Engineering degree, the position would require specific industry experience associated with piping, flanges and gasketing.
- Minimum of 4 years of equivalent industry experience in a related position working with gaskets, fasteners, piping and/or pressure vessels.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Willingness to travel frequently.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Applications Engineer
Requisition Number: 1079&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: