New Product and Compliance Engineer
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 19797
New Product and Compliance Engineer
Company: Norris Cylinder Company
Primary Location: 521 Green Cove Road SE, Huntsville, AL 35803 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Norris Cylinders Company, a TriMas Company, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of high pressure and low pressure acetylene cylinders. From its inception, the principle objective of the company has been to manufacture the highest-quality products used for the shipping and dispensing of compressed gases, while exceeding customer expectations in value and service. This remains our commitment. The New Product & Compliance Engineer is responsible for regulatory compliance, product development, cost reduction, competitive defense and state-of-the art improvements to product line at the Huntsville, Alabama facility required to maintain and grow the business.
Responsibilities of the New Product & Compliance Engineer:
· Designs and develops cylinders to meet all current and future regulatory requirements (DOT Specification and Special Permit, Transport Canada, EN ISO, UN ISO, ASME etc.) with the highest regard to safety and cost in the domestic and international market places.
· Analyzes low (welded steel) and high pressure (drawn steel or tube) designs and their wall stresses for best use of materials and material thicknesses.
· Monitors compliance of acetylene porous mass production as pertains to DOT 8/8AL and ISO 3807 cylinder designs and specifically is a resource to the quality department on any related production matters.
· Works side-by-side with quality and production departments to assure full product compliance.
· Maintains up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements, standards, or government agency activities that affect assigned projects or products and processes, including procuring approvals of outside regulatory agencies and countries as required.
· Participates in the appropriate leadership capacity in industry activities associated with our business, industry and technology to maintain a state-of-the-art awareness and to represent the company’s interest.
· In all aspects ensures technical activity by company is compliant with all company and external regulations, standards and codes and is signed-off by relevant Technical Authorities.
· Maintains approvals and other compliance certificates and registrations held by Norris Cylinder from various approval bodies and countries.
· Develops new products that are innovative and profitable which meet acceptable standards for manufacturability, quality, and on time delivery.
· Conceptualizes, conceives, plans, schedules, directs the design, and performs other product and process development activities required to develop and maintain the products per Norris’ Product Realization Procedure.
Required Qualifications of the New Product & Compliance Engineer:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field
Preferred Qualifications of the New Product & Compliance Engineer:
· Pressure vessel design, cold steel drawing, welding, and/or heat treating experience
· Background in metallurgy
Norris Cylinder is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US
Community / Marketing Title: New Product and Compliance Engineer
Requisition Number: 1021&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: