Location: Ottawa, Kansas US
Job Number: 19748
Company: Mac Fasteners
Primary Location: 1110 E. Enterprise Street, Ottawa, KS 66067 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Mac Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is a high-volume producer of standard aerospace screws and bolts, which are globally utilized by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), aftermarket repair companies, and commercial and military aircraft producers. The Controller
Responsibilities of the Controller:
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
· Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances of the company’s overseas operations. Lead cross functional team to meet company Cash Flow Management goal.
· Prepares budgets by leading, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Provide concise and effective analysis of regular management reports to help guide the company to good decisions and profitability. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
· Prepares income statements, monitors financial transactions, and oversees entries into to the accounting systems both in the company’s local Syteline and TriMas OLS.
· Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Coach, and develop talent.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Makes sure that the organization’s accounting system complies with generally Leads the department’s management team in all aspects of the General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, manufacturing costing and month end closing.
· Ensures consistency is applied throughout the company when it comes to our fully integrated and centralized manufacturing ERP and Accounting System.
Required Qualifications of the Controller:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· At least 3 years of experience as a Controller
· Experience in Manufacturing/Costing Environment
· Experience with Standard Costing
· Experience with ERP implementation or improvements
· Record of establishing Business/System/Accounting Processes or Automation
· SOX Compliance
Preferred Qualifications of the Controller:
· Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Mac Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ottawa, Kansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Controller
Requisition Number: 915&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: