Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 19739
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Provides accurate technical and regulatory information to Lamons’ customers, Sales staff, and Engineering staff. Develops designs and modifications to designs for specific customer needs. Assists with the training of Lamons employees and customers on the latest products and regulations. Represents Lamons in technical and regulatory organizations of the refining/chemical industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets and works with customers to define Lamons’ products, regulatory issues and other technical matters.
- Trains Lamons Sales staff in technical and regulatory matters at national sales meetings, regional sales meetings and other designated places.
- Coordinates the gathering and distribution of information concerning incidents involving Lamons’ products.
- Provides assistance in customer warranty claims.
- Provides assistance in Quote Review Meetings as necessary.
- Provides regulatory advice to Lamons’ customers, Sales staff and others over a wide range of regulations.
- Operates as a liaison to Purchasing, Engineering, Sales and others on technical and regulatory aspects of Lamons products.
- Attends trade shows to provide direct technical interface with customers and potential customers as requested.
- Coordinates content updates and distribution of the Lamons’ Training and Reference Manual.
- Responsible for completing projects on schedule.
- Attends classes and seminars to keep skills current.
- The ability to coordinate multiple projects efficiently and on schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required for communication and documentation needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of work groups.
- Ability to effectively represent Lamons to customers, vendors and regulatory organizations.
- Discipline and ability to respond to multiple requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and coordinating skills while serving customers.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and chemical compatibility relating to company products.
- Knowledge of metal working operations such as power presses, welders, benders, deburring and clean-up.
- Basic understanding of industry standards related to piping and pressure vessel specifications.
- Possesses a firm understanding of Engineering concepts relating to this field of work such as fluid mechanics, heat transfer, process chemistry, chemical and physical properties of materials, metallurgical properties, galvanic corrosion, failure analysis, welding and corrosion.
- Ability to develop, review and comment on mechanical calculations and drawings.
- Display competence in technical and office software.
- Proficiency and competence in AutoCAD software.
- Problem Solving, root cause analysis.
- Competence in the English language (writing and verbal).
- Patience and skills to work closely with engineers from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and develop technical knowledge and skills.
· A Bachelor degree in Engineering. A two-year Engineering degree could be considered with a combination of industry application and engineering work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
• 2 years of equivalent industry experience in a related position working
preferably with gaskets, fasteners, piping and/or pressure vessels.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Willingness to travel frequently.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Engineer
Requisition Number: 1078&site=1
EEO Employer Verbiage: