Job Number: 16890
Company: Mac Fasteners
Primary Location: 1110 E. Enterprise Street, Ottawa, KS 66067 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Mac Fasteners, part of TriMas Aerospace, is a high-volume producer of standard aerospace screws and bolts, which are globally utilized by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), aftermarket repair companies, and commercial and military aircraft producers. The Machine Operator will be responsible for operating a variety of conventional and/or special purpose machines to perform the diversified production operations on work having close and exact tolerances, several dimensional relationships, unusual contours, dimensional and finish requirements.
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator:
· Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
· Interfaces with engineering to help resolve drawing errors, suggest design changes, and solve product/process problems.
· Responsible for machining and checking parts to maintain a high level of quality and efficiency.
· Inspects finished parts for conformance to specifications by visual examination, and utilizes precision measuring instruments such as gauges, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and surface plate techniques.
· Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
· Actively contributes to lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
· Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Required Qualifications of the Machine Operator:
· Machining experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Ability to work with minimum supervisory guidance.
Mac Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ottawa, Kansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Machine Operator
Requisition Number: 948
EEO Employer Verbiage: