Senior CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Location: Tolleson, Arizona US
Job Number: 16527
Senior CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Sets up and operates various conventional and/or numerically controlled machining centers on the most complex and difficult jobs. Works from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, and/or engineering, tooling, or equipment information. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works independently with minimum guidance in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Runs multiple machines efficiently, which may require simultaneous operations. Adapts or improvises tooling to accomplish results where operations require a broad knowledge of production machining technology, operating skills, and shop techniques together with diversified experience.
- Sets ups, adjusts, and operates a variety of conventional and/or special purpose 5 axis machines to perform the most diversified and difficult production operations on work having close and exact tolerances, several dimensional relationships, unusual contours, dimensional and finish requirements.
- Interprets customer requirements from blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, quality directives, charts, tables, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Interfaces with engineering to resolve drawing errors, suggest design changes, and solve product/process problems.
- Implements manufacturing methods using standard production machines, materials, and tooling. May advise and assist with tooling design.
- Makes complex setups, which may include multiple work piece stations, utilizing custom and standard holding devices.
- Develops and defines processes with limited documentation, as required.
- Trouble shoots and resolves machining problems.
- Responsible for machining and checking parts to maintain a high level of quality and efficiency.
- Inspects finished parts for conformance to specifications by visual examination, and utilizes precision measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and surface plate techniques. May be required to use coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Ensures equipment is calibrated in accordance with schedule.
- Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
- Accurately and regularly performs statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
- Uses advanced shop mathematics, which may include trigonometry, and general knowledge of metal characteristics and other processing requirements.
- Actively contributes to lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
- Provides guidance or assistance in coordinating workload priorities to make appropriate accommodations based on business demand.
- Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Trains and mentors less experienced team members.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as requested
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Five or more years of directly related machining experience in a high technology manufacturing environment. Able to work with minimum supervisory guidance.
- Handles multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet customer needs.
- May require specialize certification specific to division requirements (i.e. certified operator).
- Reads, understands, and follows blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, and informal written or verbal instructions.
- Able to make and evaluate precision machine set ups.
- Has working knowledge of advanced shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
- Able to implement lean initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
- Possesses effective mentoring and training skills, and ability to service as a resource to other team members.
- Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e-mail).
- Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time. The team member is required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to operate machinery. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, and the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Senior CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Requisition Number: 917
EEO Employer Verbiage: