Job Number: 14359
Company: Martinic Engineering, Inc.
Primary Location: 8505 W McDowell Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Martinic Engineering, Inc. manufactures precision machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications, including auxiliary power units; and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The Tool Maker a nalyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates various machine tools required to fabricate and repair, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, machinists hand tools, etc. Skilled in making the standard types of tooling required by Company as well as demonstrating ability to fabricate both production and tooling parts as needs arise.
Responsibilities of the Tool Maker:
- Analyzes specifications, computes dimensions, plans layout, fabricates, proves tooling and determines assembly method and sequence of operations for tooling where final results are periodically reviewed by others. Determines critical reference points and tooling holes, sometimes among at least 3 non parallel planes.
- Sets up and operates major machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, grinder, etc. to machine parts, and make tooling. Verifies conformance of machined parts tooling to specifications, machines and repairs other tooling etc. Works to exacting tolerances (± .0001)
- Assists in troubleshooting or may do entire troubleshooting depending on complexity/difficulty of task concerning tool making problems or related matters of importance. Uses considerable resourcefulness where necessary to use initiative to insure efficiency and productivity in any corrective action of tooling and machines/equipment. Able to understand intended use of tooling and provide recommendations when and where appropriate.
- Works as an active team member by participating in problem solving, team building, and all other team activities to improve the processes, productivity, quality, etc. of the department. Uses interpersonal skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Assists other department members as required.
- Works from specifications from blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions or works from verbal orders, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
Required Qualifications of the Tool Maker:
· 5 or more years of experience as a Tool Maker
· Previous experience in the Aerospace Industry
· Previous experience with Mills & Lathes
· Able to read\interpret blueprints and sketches
Martinic Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This position requires access to information, or technology, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a (i) citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. "Green Card Holder"); or (iii) a person admitted to the United States as a refugee, or granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tolleson, Arizona US
Community / Marketing Title: Tool Maker
Requisition Number: 829
EEO Employer Verbiage: