Location: Rohnert Park, California US
Job Number: 13800
Company: Rieke Packaging Systems
Primary Location: 1200 Valley House Drive, Suite 100, Rohnert Park, CA 94928 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Rieke Packaging is a technology leader in the design, manufacturing, and distributing of highly-engineered closure and dispensing systems for a broad range of end markets, including the beauty and personal care industries. With a proven model for product development and growth, Rieke continues to expand its customized solutions to its global customer base, providing adequate and timely product supply for its customers worldwide.
The HR Generalist supports the day-to-day human resources activities of the Rohnert Park, CA and Atkins, AR plants. The HR generalist recommends and participates in the development of policies, procedures, activities and programs for recruiting/staffing, employee education/training, management development, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits administration, and salary administration. The position reports to the Director of Human Resources, North America.
· Direct and coordinate all staffing activities for the plant, ensuring the recruitment of high quality talent capable of supporting the short and long-term needs of the business; provide support to managers on staffing decisions, legal issues regarding hiring practices, and development of position selection criteria.
· Manage all pre-employment related screening and testing processes; facilitate and maintain a new hire orientation program for the purpose of successful new hire socialization and transition into the organization, an introduction into the business, and familiarization with Company policy and procedure.
· Provide Human Resources expertise to plant leadership in all aspects but not limited to employee relations, performance management, talent management/organizational development, rewards and recognition, growth and development and workforce planning with the support of the TriMas COEs.
· Interpret and apply Human Resources policies, procedures and programs, ensuring consistent application while working with management to provide solutions that balance business and employee needs in compliance with Company policy.
· Ensure compliance with various State and Federal laws and/or agencies throughout a diverse region; guiding business managers to proactively identify and navigate risks, and create positive employee relations; enforce adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Communicate and administer benefits and compensation programs consistent with plan design and provisions; administer state disability and FMLA programs, with a focus on effective management with respect to cost, compliance and employee relations.
· Provide counseling and direction to management on any personnel issues. Provide guidance to managers to support employee performance improvement. Ensure consistent application of performance improvement tools and compliance with all Company policies and procedures. Partner with the Director of HR, North America, to conduct employee investigations and retains all documentation associated.
· Partner with corporate payroll to ensure the payroll process functions smoothly and effectively and provide all data entry into HRIS for new hires and employment changes.
· Collaborate local training resources to develop and deploy training, education and communication tools to support the implementation of new processes and technologies.
- Generate and post OSHA summaries yearly; comply with electronic filing requirements; ensure workers compensation claims are reported, filed, and processed; monitor workers compensation leave and progress.
· Continuously seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of core human resources processes.
· Support and execute TriMas Corporate HR initiatives.
· Lead efforts to embedding the TriMas and Rieke core values and behaviors.
· Ensure Human Resources support is provided in an effective and timely manner with top customer service and proactive delivery.
· Leads and manages HR Projects, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
· Education: BA/BS Degree in Human Resources, Business or other related studies.
- 5+ years of exempt level Human Resources experience with role progression in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English preferred
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to pull complex data from assorted sources and synthesis in both graphic and verbal format, such that it is easily understood by the target audience.
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates discretion, able to work with sensitive and confidential materials and possess good business judgment.
- Experience in safety management and handling workers’ compensation.
- Strong knowledge of employment law (such as the ADA, EEO, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, OFCCP) and ability to apply legal concepts to real world situations.
- Fast learner, able to readily apply knowledge gained in one situation to others
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a wide audience
- Experience with salary/hourly recruiting, employee relations and engagement, benefits administration, payroll, policy communication and administration, HR compliance, etc.
Rieke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
City: Rohnert Park
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rohnert Park, California US
Community / Marketing Title: HR Manager
Requisition Number: 768
EEO Employer Verbiage: