Job Number: 13707
Primary Location: 189 Arthur Road, Martinez, CA 94553 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Plans, organizes and controls the daily, weekly, monthly and annual activities of their areas to meet customer requirements for quality, cost and on-time delivery; assigns work and follows up frequently to evaluate work, take corrective action, train and plan to meet schedules; orients and trains employees; holds regular team meetings to facilitate communication, problem solving and to motivate employees; maintains clean, safe, environmentally friendly work area; counsels employees, as required; orders supplies, materials, tools and equipment, as required; represent Company to promote image of Company as a good place to work; responsible for the administration and compliance of all Company policies and procedures.
Job duties and responsibilities:
1.- Responsible for the orientation, training and follow up with temp and regular employees.
2.- Assign work to employees; follows up to ensure work is performed to company standards, takes corrective action as required to meet delivery schedule with minimum costs, materials, and employee time, as needed.
3. Monitors the quality of all work performed to ensure a quality product is being produced
to our Quality Standards; takes corrective action as needed.
4. Maintains production, quality, employee or department records, as needed.
5. Motivates, develops, and counsels employees to achieve daily, weekly, monthly objectives.
6. Communicates with Management, Sales, or other departments to keep informed on activities.
7. Conducts weekly Team meetings to receive input, communicate results against plan, discuss production, scrap, safety, and solicits suggestions or obstacles that keep operation from achieving desired results.
8. Monitors work area for safety and environmental hazards to remove potential problems; reinforces safe work practices; communicates safety/ housekeeping audits and Safety information.
9. Maintains appropriate statistical data (if required) at process to ensure control of all processes.
10. Maintains accurate records on scrap, machine efficiency, company truck
11. Counsels employees for attendance, work performance, quality performance and work ethic to achieve a state of self-discipline.
12. Orders supplies, tools, equipment, and materials, as required.
13. Maintains and cleans work area daily to provide a safe work environment
14. Trains employees in Job Performance, Quality Instructions, Safety and Environmental compliance.
15. Implements Company policies, procedures, manufacturing strategy.
16. Responsible for the enforcement of Company EEO/ADA/ Sexual Harassment policies and procedures.
17. Promotes Company to outside Suppliers, Customers, and employees.
Knowledge of product and its application.
Capable of operating mechanical machinery, automatic saw, waterjet, gasket and fastener manufacturing
Knowledge of metal forming, finishing, and assembly methods.
Familiar with metal properties and TIG welding.
Strong Mechanical and Technical.
Aptitude, able to interpret engineering drawings.
Conflict Resolution and Problem -Solving experience
Knowledge of production process flow and measurement
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Two years vocational/technical education beyond high school desired.
Up to five (5) years of successful experience as a Lead Operator in a ISO-9002 or QS-9000 certified manufacturing plant
Must be able to lift, bend, stoop and climb; capable of lifting up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis; forklift
certification based upon area; must have mental capacity to solve complex problems with a highly developed sense of urgency.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Martinez, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Lead
Requisition Number: 778
EEO Employer Verbiage: